Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My IPAD Install

grantlyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Calais 5.7
just hold off on buying the skin! there is a aussie one Nate is making and will be out in a few days (Has all our unit Km/l etc in it) But nice work! post some pictures up when your done!!!

woops i already brought it, its ok ive already tweaked it a lil so i can update my own unit text on it.. i have changed the red gauges to blue to match my dash lights lol

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Very impressed with all this, love how it looks like a standard feature and not a poorly modified attempt. Very schmick.. would the same principle apply if I were to use a tablet other than an ipad? Acer Iconia perhaps?

Yep can't see why not . Most of these programs like dash command also come on android for the people that hate apple lol.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Yep can't see why not . Most of these programs like dash command also come on android for the people that hate apple lol.

Thats good to know that other tablets can be used. I dont hate apple as such they are great at what they do but i prefer to be

different in sense and use something else, also the android system has open development where apple doesnt have that.

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
in landscape it is pretty hard to take out as the entire facia sits in front. only a 5min job if you know what your doing.

If you had it in portrait then it would be much easier.

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Well this is where it stands at the moment . The fibre glass fascia won't be done for some time. Currently writing the how do so should be up in a few days .

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310806038.956965.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310806038.956965.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 684
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310806066.627128.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310806066.627128.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 636

SSV Redline

You Ride I Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SSV Redline Sportwagon
I had lunch with a very pretty lady today. Her husband (damn!) works for a plastics company at Morningside and he is currently working on an in-dash ipad facia panel. Cant wait to see the prototype this Saturday. He is also working on a holder that replaces the side sunvisor. It can still be used as a sunvisor. If he lets me photgraph the prototype I'll post a pick and details, but only to those who love redlines. lol

WallyBasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Very interested in the write up on how to do this, and if there is a company that is looking at doing a bolt in fascia for the ipad... Yes please!!

Waiting patiently for more info! :lock: