Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My K & N High Flow Experience...

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
hey guys, just put in a K&N yesterday..

IMO: its great, Heaps smoother power delivery, andi reckon its done wonders for fuel economy too. my injectors are f<cked They waste so much fuel, but i got new ones sittng here waiting to be put on.

but yeah nothing but good results

i dont think i've got any power gain. but definately has alot smoother power delivery

sorry if i've p!ssed anyone off by posting this here.....

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
good to hear, i didnt notice jack with mine, same to be said with the cai

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
i got mine for 55 but thats cause i knew the guy at autobarn....i think they retail for 89?

yeah im a bit skeptical on CAI too....dunno if it did anything for me

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
same here mate i got a nice difference when i did the s/c cai and k&N panel filter, more power with cai, much much smoother power, little more on the bottom end. i would recomend it

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Better pickup 4 me

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
i have a vr 5.0l with hsv headers and a 2 1/2 inch straight through pipe with only a cat, i threw out the gay as over the radiator cai and cut a hole in my wheel arch i have a k&n panel filter and a fat hose running to where the real cold air comes from, i noticed sweet faaark all if anything at all but i put in a little turbine thingy somewhere before the filtr it might be restricting but who knows, next thing im going too run a box filled with dry ice around the cai and see if i can cool the charge if not back goes cai then i will just add a wet nos kit 450 aud from a place in town :D

frase

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec Wagon V6 Manual
if you read websites like autospeed.com, which often do testing of road cars to find out what part of the intake is causing a big restriction to airflow, youll know that even bad stock airfilters cause about 1 inch of water (0.036 psi) restriction max...
ie there is SFA improvement to be had especially considering an average total intake restriction is 15-20 inches of water
but hey by having a k&n youre saving a shiitload of filters from going into landfill