Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my Kingswood.

V6Q

Reaction score
Members Ride
HQ ute with v6 commodore motor, gbox and diff
Your on the right track make, time and place, a worn out v6 goes better than a brand new stock 253 any day of the week
yep seems to be working so far lol, im half looking for a new paddock basher atm, the old blue 202 seems to be going good(for some strange reason????), but the trimatic, well yeah not so much, shes been dry a few times cause i dont have a trans cooler and just looped the hose :p, im sorta waiting/hopeing for it to give out so i can buy a vn-vs instead, the vh only cost $250 total, thats with new plugs, leads, carb, and a oil change so its not like she owes me alot, when the box goes, she goes, take a few bits and park her out the back lol,
old holdens are allways fun

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I'd love to put these on with black stockies, genuine chrome trims, and white walls

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 305

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Your my new best mate...... There's alot of things I want and need, but I just haven't got the money, there's a list of things as long as a freight train that I want. I thought about the v6 route, then though no, I can drive a v8 I'm Gunna have a v8, it pisses me off that a p plater can drive a ve sv6 but not mine, sv6 is more powerful, more responsive, more gears, quicker everywhere and on top of that the auto is less predictable than the traumatic. Go figure.....

VE's also have airbags...and T/C...and E/S/C (or whatever holden calls theirs), all sorts of things that will keep you alive...this has...hmmmm, a steering wheel that will impale your chest plate...that's about it, unlucky but probably for the best that you can't drive it on your p's...will let you get your silly driving out of your system before you hop into this...wouldn't want to see this broken.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I get the extra safety features, but seriously, it can't spin a wheel let alone 2, on a comer you "might" get one going, even in the wet it takes ALOT of provocation to get it to slide, and barely does half the speed the v6 does. The safety features and weight are the only thing against my argument. The old girl when new had a 4 star safety rating, it's safety features were a colapsble steering column, a detachable rear view mirror, and laminated windscreen... Big stuff for 74

And besides, I'd like to see the driver keep control on the off chance the elecs can't on an oil patch in the middle of round about in the ve. While I'm not condoning burnouts, drifting and loss of control, I think everyone needs to learn how to control a car in an uncontrolled slide in real world situations.
It's saved me a couple of times.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
While I'm off I figured I'd play with the old girl, gave her a wash then decided the visor had to come off to polish 37 years of crud off and while I'm at it polish the windscreen surrounds and clean the windscreen channels, I was a bit upset when I found some rust starting under the windscreen on the passenger side

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 273
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 273
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 277
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 273

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Looks like it's in good condition! Interior looks amazing.

I swapped my mags with my commodore (vt ss mags aswell) ahaha. Commodore looked fairly stealth with the kingswoods sunraisers. :p

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Haha I'd have to buy another set, the missus won't let me pinch her rims, how'd you get them on?

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Get what on?
Swapping the mags around between the two cars really have no trouble at all, Just the offset was different..