Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY Link Blank Screen

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
PROBLEM SOLVED MY LINK BLANK SCREEN.Thanks all who contributed. Get this, went to The Holden Dealer and asked for "The My Link Expert "

The guy came out and said disconnect the positive from the battery and it will work. Guess what, it did and best of all it cost a hand shake. Thanks again to all contributors, you were all a great help.

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Take the negative battery lead off for 15 minutes and then see if it works.

If it is still dead goto a dealer and ask about a warranty repair on it.

If there is no warranty you can try pulling the mylink out and checking the plugs.
The cd stuck in it might point to something being wrong with the base unit.

You can get a mylink from a wrecker and replace your one but you will need to have your vin flashed to it for it to work.
Thanks mate. Great help

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Thanks for the update @Mick HHH and glad a workaround allowed your screen to wake up. But it's not fixed as the issue could occur again. You really don't want to be periodically disconnecting the battery to resolve a black MyLink screen.

The service "expert" should have connected the car to their system to ensure you had the latest MyLink firmware is installed as there could be a firmware update to resolve such issues. If he knew there was no MyLink formware update because he checked the previous day, he should have saidsuch and clarified whether "Holden is looking into it" or "Holden couldn't give a sh!t about it so we simply do the workaround". To me, what he did is a half-arsed job :oops: