Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY Link Blank Screen

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi all.Have read all VF Commodore threads about blank screen on My Commodores but can't seem to find a fix for my problem. When I turn on ignition a blank screen appears. Radio is on and I can change channels via steering wheel. I can get USB music and I can voice command my Samsung MOB all via steering wheel. I cannot turn on or off on screen, turn volume or any other functions. There is a CD in and I cannot eject it either.

Is there a way to reset MY Ling or is a trip to the dealer. Has any one else encountered this problem.

My car is a 2015 SV6 VF 1 series.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I think i've heard of this one and you have to reseat the connectors at the back.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Take the negative battery lead off for 15 minutes and then see if it works.

If it is still dead goto a dealer and ask about a warranty repair on it.

If there is no warranty you can try pulling the mylink out and checking the plugs.
The cd stuck in it might point to something being wrong with the base unit.

You can get a mylink from a wrecker and replace your one but you will need to have your vin flashed to it for it to work.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Don't pull the battery terminal off, just pull the fuse and wait 5min, if that doesn't work then remove the front panel surround and check if the plug is pushed in. Or if your not sure how to Holden will fix it for a arm and a leg.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Don't pull the battery terminal off

just pulling the fuse might not reset everything including the can which controls the mylinks power state so to make sure you do a total reset pop the lead off and it is easier ;)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
VF series 1 were made from mid 2013 to late 2015 while series 2 was made from late 2015 to end of production 2017. Oddly, manufactures warranty which was normally 3 years, occasionally was 5 years and the last of the bread was 7 years.

So, your VF SV6 may still be under manufacturers warranty, if so simply get the dealer to look at it ;)

If the vehicle is out of manufacturers warranty, considering Holden bounced around from 3, to 5, to 3, before the last VF's got a 7 year manufacturers warranty, i don't think it's fair you should suffer for it because you bought just outside one of their "5 year windows". So I'd push for them to consider it as a manufacturers warranty issue. But if the dealer thinks it's not a warranty job as warranty has expired, remind them that your Australian Consumer Law statutory warranty means what you buy should work for a reasonable time considering the price you paid. And since Holden was pushing commodores with longer than 3 year warranties at various times, for similar $, it's arguable that the statutory warranty expectation would be the same for all commodores (since they are all a similar product and similar price). And this is even more true when one considers statutory warranty usually has more reach than a manufacturers warranty. So, if they insist it's not a manufacturers warranty claim, you should insist and argue its a statutory warranty claim (or good will as Holden love to call it).

Though this sound like "effort" compared to checking MyLink plugs, it helps to educate ones self in their legal rights which may be much more helpful when/if more serious issues occur. Google ACL statutory warranty and NSW Fair trading for background. Consider it a challenge ;)

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Thanks All. Before I pull the battery lead, will this muck up the computer system. Also, where are the fuses if I was to do this. Lastly, how do I pull the unit out. Sounds like a testing job!!

Mick HHH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Will check my rights as I had an issue with a fridge a few years back and won even though it was out of warranty. Holden is usually an ass when it comes to repairing. It is always a challenge. Thanks all

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Thanks All. Before I pull the battery lead, will this muck up the computer system. Also, where are the fuses if I was to do this. Lastly, how do I pull the unit out. Sounds like a testing job!!

you cant muck up the computer system so dont worry about that.

i would be checking with a dealer about warranty before attempting to remove the unit.