Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My link keeps on forgetting my phone amongst other things

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
Like it says I have had to pair my phone 4 times in two weeks, in my last car this never happened and my other 2 cars still pair with my phone. What's the story?

bretto86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Is it losing the pairing altogether or just not connecting?

Mine always stays paired but sometimes doesn't connect.

Thought it may be because I'm always swapping between two different cars which are both paired to the phone.
What sort of phone by the way?

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
There's a Bluetooth authentication issue with iPhones connecting to my link. Holden is working on a fix, also try the latest software on the iphone as Apple have made improvements too.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
If you have an iPhone, connect it via cable and not bluetooth.

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
It is an iPhone but it forgets its pairing, the other pairing is still there which is my sons iPhone. It has never forgotten his. The phone shows that it is still paired but the car does not.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
The problem relates to it being an iPhone. There is a fix for this issue. You need to find a plastic container of approximately 27 litres, they usually have a thin black plastic lining. Sometimes the lining maybe other colours. A plastic container like this, can usually be found in your kitchen. Place the iPhone in the container with the black plastic lining. Then go and get a phone that works properly and is not an iPhone.

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
The problem relates to it being an iPhone. There is a fix for this issue. You need to find a plastic container of approximately 27 litres, they usually have a thin black plastic lining. Sometimes the lining maybe other colours. A plastic container like this, can usually be found in your kitchen. Place the iPhone in the container with the black plastic lining. Then go and get a phone that works properly and is not an iPhone.

I'll try that tonight.

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK After re-pairing my phone another dozen times or so I took it back to the dealer today. It did it for his phone several times................Ah ha.

Answer: It is a known problem and Holden are working on a solution to the problem.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
OK After re-pairing my phone another dozen times or so I took it back to the dealer today. It did it for his phone several times................Ah ha.

Answer: It is a known problem and Holden are working on a solution to the problem.

Yep, been happening for me as well and a pain in the backside... So I complained and my dealer also showed me a memo that said a MyLink update is coming out in October to fix this issue amongst others.

lithgowlights

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Holden Calais V
Similar issues with mine too. It's remembering the phone, but completely indexing the music every time it's plugged in and that takes 3 or 4 minutes. Then when it starts playing an album, when you go to the albums or artists the one you are listening to is sometimes not there at all.

Anyone else get some songs eithor being skipped, or playing 5 seconds, stopping, then playing properly? I am running iOS8, but same thing seems to be happening with the old iPod on iOS7 as well.