Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My link upgrade

eman1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
Yep for sure also find takes longer to connect on startup

Mine used to be okay and now it skips when on Bluetooth for the first couple minutes and goes to audio paused when changing songs and if plugging it in it takes forever to work smoothly.

Seriously considering the alpine unit now as it's basically radio only..

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ It's cheaper than the Alpine system, but I don't think it offers as much (eg. standard screen size, no DAB, no imtegration with HVAC), and doesn't offer Alpine's warranty/support heft.

tranquilized

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 6.0l
^ It's cheaper than the Alpine system, but I don't think it offers as much (eg. standard screen size, no DAB, no imtegration with HVAC), and doesn't offer Alpine's warranty/support heft.

No that's true, I guess it comes down to what you want out of the system. And as awesome as the bigger screen with the Alpine unit is, I'd be reluctant to give up the factory buttons and knobs that sit just below the screen - far superior to touch screen controls imo.

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
This was posted on these forums a while back, a better alternative I reckon. Don't think Apple users get much love but nothing new there

Holden Mylink Integrated Android System

Wish I had the money to purchase one of those.
I bought an Android head unit for my work amork a couple years ago, it's great to use, but only cost me $400, not $1400.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Apple users generally don't get a lot of love as Apple can't write device friendly software for ****. 99% of the time the Apple users are narrow sighted enough that they can't accept it's their device with the problem too.

Craig Medland

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Wagon
I'm looking at getting one (Alpine Infotainment system - X901D-VF) and am curious of others experiences (I have read the older threads on here circa 2016 / 17, but nothing new) … does anyone have any new info? … i.e. have firmware updates added HUD functionality? … does it work well with stock speakers or does one really have to go all out? Bi-modal selection? etc

Last edited: