Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My link upgrade

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Apple users generally don't get a lot of love as Apple can't write device friendly software for ****. 99% of the time the Apple users are narrow sighted enough that they can't accept it's their device with the problem too.
It's not based on ablitiy (Apple can design good software) but rather on a design choice to lock things down in a closed Apple only ecosystem (which has interoperational consequences but works well in their closed garden). Apple's arrogance doesn't help the situation (you're holding it wrong). I wont buy Apple for these reasons.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
this is how apple treats its customer when a problem arises

the company is trying to run a monopoly on repairs done to any apple device.
they use customs to seize parts from damaged or broken apple devices that have been pulled apart being shipped to 3rd party repairers claiming they are counterfeit, these parts are genuine parts removed from genuine apple devices.
they intentionally build in parts that will fail as every new apple device will have a "common" problem.

overall the entire apple ecosystem is a bucket of sh!t and the stooges that fall into the ecosystem have a hard time getting out of it because of everything apple does is only apple compatible or they will defend apple at all costs.

I agree they can design good software but its the hardware and the companies business model of treating the customer like an idiot when a repair is needed that make apple crap.

in apples perfect world you only rent the device, you must do what they say with it and use it how they say to use it.
after 5 years if you have a problem your device is classed as "vintage" and you must buy a new one as they don't repair vintage devices.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
A mate of mine was saying that at his kid's schools, it's something like 80% iPhone 20% Android. And these are The Consumers Of The Future. Apple can afford to be arrogant with that level of future market penetration.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
I don't own Apple anything for a variety of reasons that are fairly common.

However, four of my grandkids are in primary school (2 of each at different schools) and Apple supplies the schools with iPads at reduced prices.

They'd still make a profit on them but they are guaranteeing future buyers of their products. Their marketing is excellent.

I remember a few years ago my next door neighbour, a teacher, was proudly showing me her new iPad. I made the appropriate admiring noises until she started with "it does this, it does that, it does the other".
My Galaxy Tab does that, and that, and that said I.
"Really? What's a Galaxy Tab??"

Of my four daughters and their husbands, there is 1 iPhone user (also iMac) and one iPad user.

Everything else is android.

May not have been the best dad ever but got the important things right :cool:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Another thing apple has recently done is to sign a deal with amazon to sell iphones on amazon but the deal included a provision that only apple authorized resellers were allowed to sell second hand or refurbished apple products on amazon and ofcourse only apple its self is authorized to do this so by next year you will not be able to get a second hand imac or iphone on amazon.

Great company hey lol.

The only apple product i own is a 27 inch imac that i bought for $200 on gumtree with the common white screen of death and because i do component level board repair i fixed it and only use it for 2 programs logic pro and final cut.

I would never buy a new apple product i only buy them broken and fix them and resell them.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
A mate of mine was saying that at his kid's schools, it's something like 80% iPhone 20% Android. And these are The Consumers Of The Future. Apple can afford to be arrogant with that level of future market penetration.
Except Apple doesn't have anywhere near that market share.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
this is how apple treats its customer when a problem arises

the company is trying to run a monopoly on repairs done to any apple device.
they use customs to seize parts from damaged or broken apple devices that have been pulled apart being shipped to 3rd party repairers claiming they are counterfeit, these parts are genuine parts removed from genuine apple devices.
they intentionally build in parts that will fail as every new apple device will have a "common" problem.

overall the entire apple ecosystem is a bucket of sh!t and the stooges that fall into the ecosystem have a hard time getting out of it because of everything apple does is only apple compatible or they will defend apple at all costs.

I agree they can design good software but its the hardware and the companies business model of treating the customer like an idiot when a repair is needed that make apple crap.

in apples perfect world you only rent the device, you must do what they say with it and use it how they say to use it.
after 5 years if you have a problem your device is classed as "vintage" and you must buy a new one as they don't repair vintage devices.

Whirlpool forums is that way..... Go post your Apple bashing drivel there. This is Just Commodore forums...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Except Apple doesn't have anywhere near that market share.
No, but it's not hard to retain (embiggen?) your market share when 80% of those doing the choosing/buying go into that choice with a preference before even looking at the alternatives!

However, four of my grandkids are in primary school (2 of each at different schools) and Apple supplies the schools with iPads at reduced prices.
They'd still make a profit on them but they are guaranteeing future buyers of their products.
Apple have been doing that forever, there were a few of the original Macs in the high school I attended in the late 80's for just this reason! If they'd stull make a profit now then they're not as discounted as they were back then.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I always find apples these days are never as good as they used to be or at least the ones I buy at Woollies aren’t.

I think it’s because they spend too much time in cold storage and they lose that crunch and juiciness that a truly fresh one has.

Craig Medland

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Wagon
Nicely put Panhead … this topic is totally derailed.

I Necro'd this thread asking about the Alpine unit … I really have zero time for the Android / Apple thing as it's completely benign in this context.

Just for edification I own an IT company so I chose / choose not to engage is such off-topic rhetoric.

Last edited: