Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My link upgrade

Discussion in 'VF Holden Commodore (2013 - 2017)' started by simins, Sep 19, 2016.

1. kleanphil

kleanphil Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
    Hey Jack ,I don't suppose your willing to share your sketch up of that USB fitting , I don't have a 3D printer but I'm sure I could find someone to print it out .
    As far as setting's , I know the Alpine unit does have HVAC settings , Bi-model settings I'm not sure but I have after market bi-models so that's not a concern for me . Bluetooth is handled by both these units as well as time and date , obviously music is covered . I have dash cams that cover all traffic alerts , so once again not an issue for me . As far as parking sensors , this is handled by the Aerpro kit but only audio , no visual as far as I can work out . TBH any other settings are so deeply hidden in the Mylink system , I either don't know about them or don't care . The only other thing I can think of right now is "voice commands" which Apple and Android handle well.
    As good and expensive the Alpine total solution is , its still doesn't have Apple Carplay and Android Auto .
    Contrary to what I said about the Alpine ILX 309e , Aerpro "DO" have a facia solution which consist's of the VF 2 DIN and a 1 DIN fill in which has a handy pocket area bellow the 1 DIN space

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    Slats1 likes this.
  2. Jacks5000

Jacks5000 New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 Commodore
    You can use any aftermarket head unit that has Bluetooth and a reversing camera input as the Aerpro solution (kit) plugs in the reversing camera input of the aftermarket head unit as this controls the Vehicle setting , HVAC setting and parking senors , you will loose the reversing camera guidelines lines and traffic alerts as this is controlled by My link head unit , if the aftermarket head unit has guide lines which you can turn on this will also be shown in the Vehicle setting , HVAC setting and parking senors , so it's best to turn guide lines off on the aftermarket head unit ,you will loose some features , but you can get more with an aftermarket head unit it all depends on your budget

Slats1 likes this.
  3. Jacks5000

Jacks5000 New Member

Members Ride:
    VF SV6 Commodore

Attached Files:

kleanphil likes this.
  4. kleanphil

kleanphil Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
    Thanx for that :)

5. abuch47

abuch47 Member

Members Ride:
    LSS3 OOT
    lol I like this all the rage look better than the standard vf
    VF probably harder solution

6. Daniel Souza

Daniel Souza Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
    Here is my poor man prototype 3D printed. Next model is going to be going dow de volume button ending up in front of the hazard lights.

D422F21C-A13B-4359-B191-897BD6624531.jpeg E57DA5F3-07A3-41A6-BADE-166649F841AA.jpeg

chrisp and Philmecrackun like this.
  7. Philmecrackun

Philmecrackun Member

Members Ride:
    VFII Calais V 6.2L 1972 Ford Galaxie Wagon 400ci
    can you make them in black for iPhone6? or the new design?

8. abuch47

abuch47 Member

Members Ride:
    LSS3 OOT
    That's cool. If you made it tablet sized and black, cops would never know. Also you can use android auto on your device for bigger buttons and text. Not sure on AC.

9. Daniel Souza

Daniel Souza Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
    I just made in gold because I ran out of black filament. I can make for iphone6 I just need the case dimensions .

My tablet is 10inches and it is way to big. I used to keep it attached to the Sun visor with Velcro. I want to by a 8 or 7 “. Prefebly Android but my issue is that my phone is iPhone provided by my work. It is a pain because I have to turn tethering off and on in order to reconnect a non apple device.

Philmecrackun likes this.
  10. Daniel Souza

Daniel Souza Member

Members Ride:
    VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
    gucci likes this.
  11. kleanphil

kleanphil Active Member

Members Ride:
    VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
    This is the kit @Jacks5000 used to put the Kenwood in his car , he's written a few things in this thread about it . I have one also but I changed my mind about using the Kenwood unit which I'm going to put in another car and have decided to use the Alpine halo9 unit as I really wanted a bigger screen . I have to use the 2 DIN facia you listed plus a 1 DIN fill in . I'm still waiting for the 1 DIN to be delivered but i'll keep you's posted