Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My long gone HK.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I did have a HT Premier years ago....186 stage 3 yella terra head, real small cam (not sure what size as the car was bought as is) 2 speed power glide....Paid $300 and onsold it for $600 6 months later.....The new owner wrecked it out.....Shame as it was a nice car

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Hartwigs is still there figjam, pity about the Holdens.

The Rock :).
Used to drive through that bustling town ;) every weekend on my way to Melbourne for ..... ahhh ... social interaction and activities.
It was a quick trip. The road was good, very light traffic, no speed cameras, no Highway Patrol, speed limits were just numbers painted on a sign.
No doubt that the travel time today would take a lot longer, even with a much improved Hume.
RAAF Wagga used to be a long way out of town, back then, and they seem to have moved the base at lot closer these days.
So I would reckon that The Rock would now be a southern suburb of Wagga for the social elite.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I had a HG 186 it was a HOS........ Rust everywhere drivers floor was an old street sign, handled like a turd, boot and roof were painted with house paint using a roller.... Might have been ok if it was new.

Every Australian car of that era had rust as standard equipment.
I had an Uncle who lived very close to the Holden Pagewood factory. He said that it was common to see unpainted complete shells on dollies sitting in the open and weather prior to final assembly.
And we did not know any different or better.
Just accepted the inevitable rust, and countered it with good old smelly fish oil.