Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Maloo turns itself off when in neutral idling.

lockmac

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Has anyone experienced the following? It's a 12.5 VE Maloo R8

Say, I start my car in neutral.. get out of it for whatever reason (might need to run inside to grab something), and leave the car on, when I open the door and sit down, the car turns off (say I've left it on for 2-5 minutes).

It's happened 5 times in 3 weeks. I was told this could be a safety feature, but they guy at Holden doesn't think so.

Has anyone else had this happened?

Holden said they will look at it (it's due for its first service this week), but I'm not very confident they will actually look at it.

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
Sort of sounds like an anti-theft feature. Maybe try doing the same procedure, but don't open the door/get out. If it stalls its likely another fault like fuel, if it doesn't, more likely again that it's anti-theft.
Before you sign the job card for your service, make sure they write/type on there about your concern, even offer to stay and demonstrate to make it more likely they do it right...

lockmac

Reaction score
Sort of sounds like an anti-theft feature. Maybe try doing the same procedure, but don't open the door/get out. If it stalls its likely another fault like fuel, if it doesn't, more likely again that it's anti-theft.
Before you sign the job card for your service, make sure they write/type on there about your concern, even offer to stay and demonstrate to make it more likely they do it right...

Thanks... the annoying thing is, I tried to replicate it the other day and it wouldn't do it.I'll try again today and see.