Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my mUms 94 Vr is stalling or maybe loses power briefly..

Badboy40qld

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr Commodore
i've been meaning to change the fuel pump for the last 8 months as its been whiring down the back ther for some time least eight months... recently i did a fill of plane unleaded and the pump went silent.. yesturday it started make that noise again and there was a temp loss of power it didn't stall how ever it was brief, thought i install a new fuel pump this morning, all went well...

how ever before i did the test i let it run for some time just to get the air out of the system in case that might of been it.. it did lose power but the darn thing bolted like if ther was no issue then a fuw times it loses power, but after i came back it seems to of settled so i'm not sure weather the issue is fixed

to me it seems its like air in the fuel system and its not holding proper pressure to all the injectors

the current history of the car we lost power on a coil pack and replaced all of them

there was no error light and have a scraping hole between the cat and the front muffler but thats been like that for months...

but there is an error with the oxy sens but thats been like that for years..

the current issue seems different..

this is the second issue in the last 10 years we've had it..

aprt from replacing the auto box....

cheers...

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Is anyone here a translator?

Have you replaced your fuel filter in the last 10 years? Might be a good idea to replace that as its more then likely clogged up with a lot of crap. Apart from that give your throttle body and the senors attached to it a clean.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
I hope you didnt put that E10 **** in.. It acts like a cleaner and removes all the rust from the tank into the filter, and scale from the lines into the injectors....

replace your fuel filter first and go from there...

If its stalling and splattering just after you filled it up then id put my money on **** fuel.

Badboy40qld

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr Commodore
Is anyone here a translator?

Have you replaced your fuel filter in the last 10 years? Might be a good idea to replace that as its more then likely clogged up with a lot of crap. Apart from that give your throttle body and the senors attached to it a clean.

LOL are you even aware there is a filter in the tank prior to the pump... sheesh.. actually its on the pump... the one out side the tank was replaced a couple of months ago.. it even still looks new.... so no its not that as it only just started having the issue yesturday...

thanks i'll look into those other componets next...

Badboy40qld

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr Commodore
I hope you didnt put that E10 **** in.. It acts like a cleaner and removes all the rust from the tank into the filter, and scale from the lines into the injectors....

replace your fuel filter first and go from there...

If its stalling and splattering just after you filled it up then id put my money on **** fuel.

E10 comes in handy actualy i put that **** inbetween premi and E10... is when all my prob started, and yes... i been running e10 all this time and its never gave an issue heck i even run it on my 2001 mits challenger... as for the rust in the tank its not not going to go very far it will remain in the tank..

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
LOL are you even aware there is a filter in the tank prior to the pump... sheesh.. actually its on the pump... the one out side the tank was replaced a couple of months ago.. it even still looks new.... so no its not that as it only just started having the issue yesturday...

thanks i'll look into those other componets next...

Yes I' am aware after doing a few fuel pumps before, I wasn't talking about the one on the pump anyway.

Badboy40qld

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr Commodore
Yes I' am aware after doing a few fuel pumps before, I wasn't talking about the one on the pump anyway.

yes i know reversed flushed that filter and nothing came out of it not even a spec of rust even the old one that had been on there only saw a few grains.. so even if it was getting past the filters the issue doen't feel like injector clogging.. as it is not missing...

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
I would have to say ther could be water in the tank.. Or the pump itself is on its way out.. The Mesh filter on the pumps can fall off too mate so dont be to confident that its still attatched. And they are known to have bad conections at the pump, so perhaps one of the wires is broken slightly or lose.. An easy job to check....

But im still standing firm on e10 being the issue.. And for what its worth rusty fuel is the issue not rust itself mate....

And new cars are recomended to be run on that E-fuel... Plastic tanks dont rust and the car company gets ya money when you see them for a rebuild ;)

Badboy40qld

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Vr Commodore
I would have to say ther could be water in the tank.. Or the pump itself is on its way out.. The Mesh filter on the pumps can fall off too mate so dont be to confident that its still attatched. And they are known to have bad conections at the pump, so perhaps one of the wires is broken slightly or lose.. An easy job to check....

But im still standing firm on e10 being the issue.. And for what its worth rusty fuel is the issue not rust itself mate....

And new cars are recomended to be run on that E-fuel... Plastic tanks dont rust and the car company gets ya money when you see them for a rebuild ;)

thanks.. but how do you get rusty fuel you'll have to elaborate on that...

yeah i checked everything when i replaced the new pump this morning as then old pump had been making a whiring sound like for 8 months when i put the crap plane ulp the pump went silent as i stated in my first post the e10 as been run in the car like for ever if it were going to be a problem it would of been in the first 6 months...

VZ57SSZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VF Series II SSV
I used E10 once thinking it should be ok until next pay day, when I can fill up on 95 or 98, big mistake. Got down the shops went to start her to go home, cough cough cough, nothing
had to replace Tank, pump, filter, lines and injectors.