Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My MY06 Berlina

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
You could always just wrap the wood with vinyl. It would cost next to nothing.

Yeah, I bought some to test with but I'm not that good at it. Plus, the vinyl (silver) I want would cost about $40 to get over here - I figure at $66 I may as well get the entire thing.

oh and what is the cost of the upper boot carpet stuff?

$50 for the carpet mould and then $16~ for some special clips to hold it in. Can take a pic if you want?

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Huzzah! Got my replacement dash strips today, still undecided as to how it looks... there's lots of black/grey! I was told there was a silver one out of a Calais-V that I could get but apparently that was sold. So, I got offered this for $55 - which isn't bad.

As well as that, I purchased a flip key (need to get it cut)!

DSCN1252.JPG

Also, I love washing my car but boy do I hate it sometimes - realised someone has ever so slightly grazed across my driver door... you can just see it in the sun! (not to mention all the chips at the front from the previous owner, grrr)

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
OK, well, I've been on holiday in QLD for the last week - got back last night and had a few presents waiting for me! MACE manifold insulator and fake dynamat.

The insulator was the first to be installed this morning, and it was fairly straightforward. The difficult part was removing the previous gasket paper! So far, haven't noticed too much difference but I haven't taken it anywhere apart from a trip to make sure everything works. Fake dynamat, well, I saw it on eBay for about $30 shipped and thought I'd give it a go. It is what I expected, the adhesive is not very sticky and it doesn't really block that much. Oh well, thought I'd give it a go.

Will hopefully have my flip key tomorrow, I've been to a few local key places who won't touch it! Strange, I thought all that you would need to do is to cut the key, the transponder comes off my existing one. They've all recommended Goodwood Locksmiths so thats where I'll be heading off to.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Sounds good mate, remember if you can't get it cut a holden dealer will do it.

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
OK, haven't updated in a while, and really haven't done alot in a few months. Phreddy was in Adelaide and I did get him to change my dash lights - by far the best money I have spent on the car, hated the green so much.

Next thing to do will be to get extractors... just looking into which ones and fitting costs at the moment.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Ride looks good mate.

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Ride looks good mate.

Thanks! :)

BigBoss's thread is making me want to do more stuff... but in the meantime I've just ordered a leather centre console lid that slides. SO drove my car for the first time ever a few weeks ago and ruined my interior with a 500ml can of Red Bull. Been able to get most of it out but the vinyl centre console has never been the same.

In addition I'm watching a few SV6/SS front grill's on eBay, hopefully will have one of those soon. I've also got a novelty horn sitting at home, waiting for me to be bothered wiring up.