Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My MY17 Light My Fire Redline

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Ok, so I've had my Redline a little over a month now, so it's about time I put up a thread.

I wanted a Redline ever since the VF first came out, but when Holden announced that it was ending local production in 2017, I decided to hold off, as I was determined to have one of the last.
So on the 20/12/16 I pulled the trigger and put a deposit down on an auto Redline sedan in LMF, then began a painful but worthwhile 2.5 month wait.
I originally had my heart set on prussian steel, only to discover it was being discontinued. Knowing I wanted something more special than a run of the mill colour, I saw a few pics of LMF and immediately knew that was it. Placed my order sight unseen and have never looked back.

20/02/17 My car is built.
pic02.jpg

pic01.jpg

27/02/17 - The day I first laid eyes on it
20170227_082015.jpg

20170227_082245.jpg

20170227_082333.jpg

20170227_083741.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Tidy looking car. Still not a huge fan of the rear end tail lights though. Not that it matters as long as your happy with it (as it seems you are) :)

Did they allow you in the plant for those production line photos or do they take em and send em through as a buyer option?

One question, are those bonnet vents for show or do they actually allow hot air from the bay to escape?

Last edited:

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Tidy looking car. Still not a huge fan of the rear end tail lights though. Not that it matters as long as your happy with it (as it seems you are) :)

Did they allow you in the plant for those production line photos or do they take em and send em through as a buyer option?

One question, are those bonnet vents for show or do they actually allow hot air from the bay to escape?

I wish I was allowed in the plant lol. I would have a hell of a lot more photos than that if I was lol.
Holden have set up a camera at those two stations on the production line which take photos of every car being produced. A few other guys on the forum have got their pics too.

As for the bonnet vents, how functional they are is anyone's guess. There is only a tiny opening on the bottom so it's probably negligible at best.
20170404_112230.jpg

mrjasonhong

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOAG MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
fuuuuaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......i'm wet (******* sydney rain) ;). In other words, mate, that is a gorgeous looking ride you got there. I was tossing up between between LMF and SOAG at the time of ordering but no regrets either way. Congrats bro

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
fuuuuaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......i'm wet (******* sydney rain) ;). In other words, mate, that is a gorgeous looking ride you got there. I was tossing up between between LMF and SOAG at the time of ordering but no regrets either way. Congrats bro
Thanks mate, much appreciated.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Awesome looking car! :cool:

Did you consider big spoiler and black roof when you were tossing up options?

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Awesome looking car! :cool:

Did you consider big spoiler and black roof when you were tossing up options?

Thank you!

I decided against the black roof but then started having second thoughts when I saw a few pics on the forum. By this stage it was too late to change my order.
I'm not a fan of the big spoiler tbh and I'm quite happy with the lip spoiler as it is.