Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new 95 VR ute

Cuffy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 Ute
Hey everyone, new to the forums. This is my second car, picked it up a few days ago, love it. It was originally white spray painted blue around 10 years ago. It has a hardtop lid, not sure if it came with it or if it got put on? It has monaro wheels, it has been tinted and everything is else is pretty standard. Got the diff replaced when I bought it, replaced the break pads last night, bought some tail lights for it and I hope to do a lot of modding to get it looking real nice.
Any suggestions and help will be greatly appreciated.
I want to put an exhaust on it, not sure whether I should go just muffler or whole catback system? Keep in mind price, im having a gap year and SHOULD be saving for uni haha, so cheaper the better.
I wouldn't mind putting a nice looking front bar on it if I can get a cheap one from the wreckers or somewhere and then paint it.
Soon I want to paint the calipers blue or the bit just inside the wheel? not sure what its called.
Moving on to the interior which being an older car I think needs some work. I was thinking of putting a blue leather material over the door inserts on the door trim and painting the rest of the trim black to get a get a blue - black theme going until dad said the paint wouldn't last so now Im thinking of buying new door trims, possibly newer models....Im a noob as this is my first holden so can you guys help me out with what models will fit etc?
My cluster doesn't have a tacho, just the speedo, is it possible to get a new cluster that would fit into mine? The better looking the better... haha, don't want a cheap one..
It has a bench seat which is convenient! although that means it has a column shift which (dont shoot me) i think is gay. Getting used to it now, but I wouldnt mind a nice auto with a leather shift boot? Would most model parts fit in? And how much roughly would I be looking at paying to get it changed into a floor shift?
In my last car I bought a DVD player off ebay and put it in myself, loved it. It was cheap but it never failed me. My holden has a double din spot but the bottom of it is kinda further back than the other one?? It would probably fit, but it would look weird..
Im not sure if everyone else has it but I have the newer style commodore keys that look like it has central locking, but instead it just has "doors" on it.. is it easy enough to put central locking in myself?
I think this is reasonably hard (well for me and my experience) but putting power windows in..? That would be nice..
And can you change the front headlights? Like to better looking ones?

If you guys can help on any of the above questions that will help so much and will probably persuade me to go and do that mod. Hopefully I will get most of them done.

Cheers!

Attachments

• ATC_0002.jpg
    ATC_0002.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,075

Cuffy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 Ute
Ive painted the calipers blue and done the roof lining blue as well. Tail lights arriving soon, hoping to get some sound next, but should i get a catback off ebay or just go muffler from carline?
Anyone care to help out with the above questions?

Cuffy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 Ute
Okay some good response so far...
Still worth a shot...I found a couple of level 3 VR dash clusters on ebay, will they fit into my car? Stupid question but they all state the kilometers it has done so I'm guessing you can't change the k's on it to suit my car? Because then the k's will be out..

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Hi Cuffy1 nice looking ute so far mate,the best thing for you to do is check out some of the other utes and see what they have done with there cars,what things they have added, mate if $$$ isnt a problem then you can do almost anything to your car cheers

Raydo69

Reaction score
Website
holdenhome.iforums.us
Members Ride
VR Ute 11
Yes sweet looking Ute I have the same one VR Ute 11 white 5speed it is pretty stock so i am like you trying to find my way with it all, I was thinking of putting a super charger on mine a low blower, I want some ideas to I also wanted power windows i think it would be cool, as far as mods for me I have not really done a lot yet, I have picked a set of mags for her 1700 bucks they are 18's i think they will look all right once i get them! the only thing and this is just me i dont like the clear tail light covers on the Utes i think they look stupid but thats just me lol !