Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Baby - SSV Z Sportwagon

Discussion in 'VE - WM' started by 2t4me, Nov 18, 2013.

1. 2t4me

2t4me New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Sportwagon
    Picked it up this arvo - absolutely stoked!

11/2012 first reg 2/2013 with 7500ks

Auto

Standard except for window tinting and a short aerial...

I couldn't be happier, have always loved cars and worked in the auto industry for 20 years but this is the first NICE car I've had!

Picked it up of an older bloke from Camberwell that buys himself a new weekend car every year, not a mark on it!

According to the car facts certificate I got on it the average price of the ones currently advertised here in Melbourne is $46,000 with 9,000ks - picked it up for less than $40,000!!

[​IMG]

2. Calais-V

Calais-V New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
    Very nice, looks extremely clean. The red brembos also look great. I know you have only just bought it but do you have any plans for it yet?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

3. brumbypt

brumbypt New Member

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    Very nice well done..

Now the hard part, looking after it so it stays that nice.

Peter,
    iPad with IOS 7.0.3 using Tapatalk HD

4. corhijasna

corhijasna Member

Members Ride:
    vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
    congrats I am sure you will enjoy the ss

5. 2t4me

2t4me New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Sportwagon
    There's all sorts of things I'd love to do to it after reading threads on here - but the only thing that will be happening in the short term will be a gas conversion (sacrilege I know!).

I was amazed when she who must be obeyed agrees to buying this! She's not a car person in any way shape or form so with kids approaching private secondary school age it's going to be a tough sell convincing her that the $40,000 car we've just bought needs a few thousand more spent to make it go better and sound better!!

Depending on the effect on warranty I wouldn't mind an exhaust system that sounded a little beefier - it's sounds great with the foot down but I'm sure it could sound better!

6. vr355stroker

vr355stroker Member

Members Ride:
    08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
    I hear ya on that,I'm in a similiar situation with the clubby,my wife says why do you need more power,it's got heaps,what's wrong with the exhaust it got ...."sounds perfectly fine to me"
    Women!!... they have no clue...LOL

Also very nice ride,I've always liked the wagons

7. mpower

mpower Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
    *shakes head*

why!?

8. 2t4me

2t4me New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Sportwagon
    Lol - I know a lot don't understand!

I factored the cost of a conversion into the purchase so for me it's all about how much I need to spend each time I fill it!

I know that you burn more of it an that depending on the system used you can loose some power but having come out of a slug v6 challenger and a v6 VR I don't really think lose of any power will be an issue!

I've also only had dual fuel vehicles since '98, never had an issue and I really hate paying $1.40-$1.50 a litre when I can pay $0.60-$0.70!!

Also, going by our track record I will have this for 6+ years so it will pay itself back over time - not that that is the goal!

9. mpower

mpower Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
    yeah, such a shame to ruin such a nice car for the sake of economy.

Your car though.

10. bradizle

bradizle New Member

Members Ride:
    89 VN CALAIS
    What I can recommend for your wagon exhaust is an exhaust by sureflo exhaust here in sydney. They can ship to melbourne and you can get the exhaust shop to fit their work... The owner(greg) has a wagon and has afm.. (its no doubting that the wagons are awful at droning... The particular setup that they have going now is a dual 3" with helmhotz resonators. When doing the noise test the exhaust passes.. but one stab of the accelrator it will fail the test.
    Its completely drone free (very hard to get on a wagon), legal sound... and this thing ROARS when you give it pedal... Its such a sleeper exhaust its funny.. scare the living hell out of people in the lane next to you... and its really deep. no barking and crackling like chinese xforce crap... and the best bit... having the kids in the back, trust me they will complain about the boominess of drone if you decide to take the xforce/hurricane /kpm option if you decide to have a holiday away.

So keep that in mind.. there is a couple of videos on their facebook page... "sureflo exhaust"... and Sureflo Exhaust: Top Quality Custom Performance Exhaust/Muffler Systems and LS1 Tuning. of the VE SS..

Hope that helps with your exhaust option on the wagon side of things which is hard to please with kids and a wife and still having something suitable for yourself when they are not in the car...

have a good day mate

11. corhijasna

corhijasna Member

Members Ride:
    which type of gas system are you getting put in and if you don't mind me asking how much are they slugging you for it.
    I was quoted 4500 for the best available unit here in Adelaide and it will take 3 days to install

12. 2t4me

2t4me New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Sportwagon
    Still investigating options and prices etc so far I have only spoken with LPGAS1 whom have a good reputation here in Melbourne:

Vapour injection system, omegas, 61 litre tank, $4200 before $1000 rebate, 2 days to install.

Liquid injection system, JTG, I think it was a 52 litre tank due to it needing a pump in the tank, $5200 before rebate..

I am awaiting a call back from Auto Gas Injection in Frankston who apparently have a good rep for conversions in performance vehicles...

From what I have been told or have read so far, vapour is alright if your not going to be doing too many mods but if you are then the liquid is the way to go?

I believe, and am happy to be proven wrong, that the vapour injectors won't be able to supply enough fuel under load if running more than about 300kw??? Again, happy to be corrected!

With the liquid I believe that there's much more range for upping the anti on the mods (not that that's my intention) and that you can actually get better performance just from the higher octane of gas plus the fact that its injected as a liquid and is colder???

Again, more than happy to be corrected and educated by anyone who knows! (I've read that many different things in the past few weeks that it all just blends and or contradicts!!

I will post back up once I have spoken with the mob in Frankston...

13. 2t4me

2t4me New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Sportwagon
    Thanks for the post - ill look em up when on a pc... Then try convincing the partner that I need em - not expecting much luck!

What's the go with effect on the warranty and how many sets have you sold to members on here?

Thanks again

Dustin

14. waynebatt

waynebatt Only milk should be 2L

Members Ride:
    2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
    first thing i'd do is get new wheels. Some nice 20's..... those polished 19's certainly aren't keepers in my mind haha. Which is why i got rid of mine before even taking delivery. Awesome car though, you won't be disappointed at all! if you're after a better sound without going crazy then just get a 2.5" force catback exhaust. Thats what i got on mine and i reckon its great, better sound without going over the top... Cant wait to see what you do.... ATTACH=CONFIG]167912[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

15. rx2_freak

rx2_freak Smokes, let's go.

Members Ride:
    SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
    Best looking wheels they did on VE hsv's. I like that no one has them, i have only seen one other set in all my travels. Plus I get heaps of looks and comments on mine.

16. corhijasna

corhijasna Member

Members Ride:
    thanks for the prices,i was quoted 4500 for the liquid over here in sa,i just sent them a email telling them what I had and what has been done to the car and that was the suggested option
    this their website,might be worth a look to compare what you can get in vic
    S.A. Autogas | Adelaide's #1 LPGAS installer

17. Wongy295

Wongy295 Donating Member

Members Ride:
    2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
    Get liquid injection.

Good power to be made with it! :)

#getstuffedhaters

18. 2t4me

2t4me New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Sportwagon
    they are nice looking wheels!

i'll be keeping the stockies for now - I really like em! i thought they looked much better than the grey ones on the z's I was looking at (the fact I got the SSV Z with less k's, and more factory warranty for the same price as the Z's really helped as well!)

19. 2t4me

2t4me New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Sportwagon
    sounds like a good deal... do you know if that is before or after the $1000 rebate? the prices I listed were before claiming it.

i didnt hear back from the frankston mob oday but i'll try him again tomorrow

20. waynebatt

waynebatt Only milk should be 2L

Members Ride:
    2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
    yeah the grey ones are boring. been re-used on so many different models haha. obviously trying to clear stock so they chucked a coat of paint on and called it a Z hahaha...... looks like a pretty good buy mate. You won't regret it, i enjoy every day i drive mine.