Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Baby - SSV Z Sportwagon

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
Picked it up this arvo - absolutely stoked!

11/2012 first reg 2/2013 with 7500ks

Auto

Standard except for window tinting and a short aerial...

I couldn't be happier, have always loved cars and worked in the auto industry for 20 years but this is the first NICE car I've had!

Picked it up of an older bloke from Camberwell that buys himself a new weekend car every year, not a mark on it!

According to the car facts certificate I got on it the average price of the ones currently advertised here in Melbourne is $46,000 with 9,000ks - picked it up for less than $40,000!!

u3urupar.jpg

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
Very nice, looks extremely clean. The red brembos also look great. I know you have only just bought it but do you have any plans for it yet?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

brumbypt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Very nice well done..

Now the hard part, looking after it so it stays that nice.

Peter,
iPad with IOS 7.0.3 using Tapatalk HD

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
There's all sorts of things I'd love to do to it after reading threads on here - but the only thing that will be happening in the short term will be a gas conversion (sacrilege I know!).

I was amazed when she who must be obeyed agrees to buying this! She's not a car person in any way shape or form so with kids approaching private secondary school age it's going to be a tough sell convincing her that the $40,000 car we've just bought needs a few thousand more spent to make it go better and sound better!!

Depending on the effect on warranty I wouldn't mind an exhaust system that sounded a little beefier - it's sounds great with the foot down but I'm sure it could sound better!

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
I hear ya on that,I'm in a similiar situation with the clubby,my wife says why do you need more power,it's got heaps,what's wrong with the exhaust it got ...."sounds perfectly fine to me"
Women!!... they have no clue...LOL

Also very nice ride,I've always liked the wagons

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
but the only thing that will be happening in the short term will be a gas conversion (sacrilege I know!).

*shakes head*

why!?

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
*shakes head*

why!?

Lol - I know a lot don't understand!

I factored the cost of a conversion into the purchase so for me it's all about how much I need to spend each time I fill it!

I know that you burn more of it an that depending on the system used you can loose some power but having come out of a slug v6 challenger and a v6 VR I don't really think lose of any power will be an issue!

I've also only had dual fuel vehicles since '98, never had an issue and I really hate paying $1.40-$1.50 a litre when I can pay $0.60-$0.70!!

Also, going by our track record I will have this for 6+ years so it will pay itself back over time - not that that is the goal!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Lol - I know a lot don't understand!

yeah, such a shame to ruin such a nice car for the sake of economy.

Your car though.

bradizle

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN CALAIS
What I can recommend for your wagon exhaust is an exhaust by sureflo exhaust here in sydney. They can ship to melbourne and you can get the exhaust shop to fit their work... The owner(greg) has a wagon and has afm.. (its no doubting that the wagons are awful at droning... The particular setup that they have going now is a dual 3" with helmhotz resonators. When doing the noise test the exhaust passes.. but one stab of the accelrator it will fail the test.
Its completely drone free (very hard to get on a wagon), legal sound... and this thing ROARS when you give it pedal... Its such a sleeper exhaust its funny.. scare the living hell out of people in the lane next to you... and its really deep. no barking and crackling like chinese xforce crap... and the best bit... having the kids in the back, trust me they will complain about the boominess of drone if you decide to take the xforce/hurricane /kpm option if you decide to have a holiday away.

So keep that in mind.. there is a couple of videos on their facebook page... "sureflo exhaust"... and Sureflo Exhaust: Top Quality Custom Performance Exhaust/Muffler Systems and LS1 Tuning. of the VE SS..

Hope that helps with your exhaust option on the wagon side of things which is hard to please with kids and a wife and still having something suitable for yourself when they are not in the car...

have a good day mate