Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Baby - SSV Z Sportwagon

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
i'll post up more detail later today/tonight, but in short I have booked the car for a JTG Liquid kit after speaking to an installer that was absolutly sensational to deal with - take what I said earlier about Michael at Aust LPG Warehouse and double it again! The detail he went in to as to how the JTG system works and the effect it has on power etc was brilliant - and he did it in both technical and laymens terms!!

the best thing is he has available a larger tank 80L with 65L usable tank that doesnt effect the floor height!

i'll post up more details and a link etc later!

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
cheers,the extra time you spent researching has proved to be a bonus,hope all goes well and will watch and wait for the results etc

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
The dyno sheet will be posted up once fitted!!

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
All right, to elaborate on my earlier post:

I spoke yesterday afternoon with Terry from Smithy's Lpg in Bayswater, Vic.

At this point I cant speak highly enough of his service, knowledge and ability to identify your needs. He went into minute details of the advantages of the available systems etc but did it in such a way that it all made sense - even with limited mechanical knowledge.

I also discovered after speaking with him that their website is extremely informative for the different types of systems available (all he needs to do is get SEO and SEM happening so that his site comes up in peoples google searches - would have saved me several hours this week!!)

He's definitley not the cheapest quote I got BUT I have absolute confidence that I will receive a first rate job plus they offer a life time warranty (instead of 3 years) as long as they see it for a gas service every 20,000k's/12 months

the thing that amazed me when calling around - and believe me, I rang A LOT of places - was how short and dismissive some mobs were when quoting $5000+ jobs. if their communication skills are that bad when trying to win work I'd hate to deal with them if an issue occurs after installation!

anyway, I wont bother explaining the things Terry highlighted, if you're looking at an installation or weighing up Vapour v Liquid systems check out the link above and give Terry a call - I'd be amazed if your disappointed.

the link to the Liquid Injection info on his site is here

anyway, at this stage the car will be dropped off next Wednesday morning, I'll drive away in a cuortosy Territory before returning to collect it on Friday afternoon complete with its JTG system with 80L tank!

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
sounds good,i would do the same,pay the extra at least you know or hope at this stage that the job will be done right and if you have any problems should be sorted out pretty quickly

a lot of gas places don't even have a courtesy car so that's a bonus,proves they are prepared to go the extra mile for their customers-imo

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
well its a week on from my purchase and I'm loving it!

took it for a good run up to my parents house just out of Ballarat on the weekend and it drives beautifully. very thankful for the cruise control cos it is SO easy to speed without realising!

overtaking was so different to the old challenger where I had to hang back and really plan it so that i was approaching the car to be overtaken under power just as the gap was opening! in the wagon it was just a case looking for the gap and applying moderate throttle and bang, 140+ and the pass is made!!

only 2 gripes - and they are both very minor;

* the drivers side door trim. I tend to drive with my right elbow on the top of the trim and it creaks like hell.....
* the sat nav. we called into see some friends on the way home in a house they built 5+ years ago in what is now quite an established suburb (Burnside heights) and according to the sat nav it doesnt exist. I couldnt type in the address (it wouldnt even pick up the suburb) and when approaching his house I flicked on the map and according to it I was driving through a vast open paddock!! I spoke to Holden being as the car is an 11/2012 build they assure me it will have the lastest update and that the next one isnt due untill the 2nd quarter of 2014...

oh yeah, the only other thing to whinge about is the tyre noise! as soon as the road surface is a little rough (as in rough/coarse asphalt) there is a heap of tyre noise! I'm assuming this is normal for wide low profile tyres but i've never had a car with them before! Just as well the stereo is good!

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
good to hear she's all going well,tyre noise will change as you said depending on road surfaces,if you want to get rid of the tyre noise you may have to get the more expensive sports tyres when you need to replace them,pity about the satnav though

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
Picked it up today after having the Liquid Injection fitted.

Took a day longer than expected - all good though, i'd rather it all done right than rushed to meet a deadline and they had me in a pretty much brand new X Trail at no cost to me! (Made the drive home in the wagon today even more fun!)

Really happy with the job they've done, all seems very neat and tidy and goes well - truth be told I don't notice any difference which is exactly what I was hoping!

Only mistake I made was where I asked them to put the gauge... I wanted it pretty much out of view but I made it too put of view! Think I'll get them to move it at the 2000k service and will then have to get the under dash panel welded up... Oops!

Under bonnet shot - only thing noticeable is the ecu in the drivers front corner...

y6eda6e4.jpg

Tank - 84L with 65L capacity

va9ehade.jpg

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
looks good mate,you'll have to get some of those run flat tyres-lol

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
Lol - thy gave me an inflation kit (bottle of slime and a little compressor!) - that should be fine around town and when we go on interstate trips or similar ill just put the spare in the back...

Will investigate run flats when the time comes but I'm scared to look at their prices!!