Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new car - 1993 Vr

93vrcommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 vr commodore acclaim
hey i'm new here, my names josh and this is my 1993 vr.
SDC11126.jpg

I got her for free from my dad but it needs a bit of work to get back on the road.
Here's a few pictures of what she looks like now.
SDC11125.jpg

SDC11124.jpg

SDC11121.jpg

SDC11120.jpg

SDC11119.jpg

SDC11117.jpg

SDC11115.jpg

SDC11113.jpg

She isnt in mint condition by far so i am open to suggestions and tips to help.
I want to get it re-sprayed, lowered, fix an unknown oil leak, get new wheels, put an exhaust/systeem on it, venetions.
Cheers x

Shaz77

I D TEN T Error (ID10T)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Restoring VN Wagon
Hey Josh,
Firstly welcome to Just Commodores :)

For the price you certainly can't go wrong with a freebie. Best thing is the interior is nice and clean. Outside might need some work but that's just a good excuse to personalise her to how you want her. There's plenty of information here to steer you in the right direction & make sure you check out the how-to section of the site to. I'm at a crossroads too as to what to do with my VR best advise I can offer is just keep going through the site reading the posts and take a little bit of this and a little bit of that until you're happy with it. Best of luck and keep us updated on her progress :)
Shazxoxo

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Welcome to the mad house Josh. You have come to the right place if its ideas that your after. If your handy with a spanner then there's plenty of low cost mods you can do.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Looks pretty good mate , nice base to start from

C-J-M

JC's very own J. Hetfield
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Welcome to JC bro!
The best thing with your VR is that the interior looks very straight, everything's completely stock, meaning that you won't find missing cables or fuses if you're wanting to add in some electronics.

One thing to remember before you get to work on her, is to plan out your colour scheme BEFORE you go out and get it resprayed, cos if the colour doesn't go with all the work you put into the interior, it'll set you back more dosh than you planned. The guys over at the photoshop subforum can help you out if you wanna see what your Acclaim looks like on 19"s, chopped, or resprayed, which helps you before you get all your cash together.

Enjoy the site, check out the "Show off Your Ride" forums for every model and you'll be sure to get a s*it-ton of ideas!