Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New Car E Series GTS Build Number 007

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
I'll take it to the see if it's repairable tomorrow but for now I just don't want to look at the damn thing I'm so over repairing these damn wheels every time she gutter rashes them.
I've kicked her out of the drivers seat for now and she can just drive her new Passat, at least I couldn't care what she does to that euro piece of *^#@!!!!!!!:bang:

So she's done it before and you let her behind the wheel again?! LOL!!! I now have no sympathy for you at all. Your fault for letting the stupid woman behind the wheel, more than once!

And FWIW Passats aren't pieces of ****. They're actually a lot better built than HSVs but just don't go as hard.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
So she's done it before and you let her behind the wheel again?! LOL!!! I now have no sympathy for you at all. Your fault for letting the stupid woman behind the wheel, more than once!

And FWIW Passats aren't pieces of ****. They're actually a lot better built than HSVs but just don't go as hard.

You've no idea about Passat's then! :) As for her driving the car she had no option till last month as the POS had so many well know problems- leaking sunroof (one way drains are known bad design which were redesigned in later B5.5 models), body control module water damaged (leaking sunroof onto passenger floor well), leaking cam seal cap drips oil onto exhaust manifolds (which are a hit and miss fix from design even for dealers), noisy water pump bearing. And the fact it takes 2 weeks to get parts unless you like to pay $3400 from VW for a genuine flywheel which is available for $600 in the states (who knows why maybe because they can).
So don't preach about what you have looked into. Jump on the Passat forums and look at the issues they are exactly the same as every other car they issues which are caused by stupid designs.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
FOR SALE- one wife need to recoup cost of gutter rashed wheel Looking for quick sale!!!
View attachment 139678
So the wife was turning from a side road onto a service lane of the highway and miss judged the gap, needless to say I'm a little peeved!

How did she manage that?....there's no service lanes/highways in the kitchen?, take her in to holden and see if you can trade up to a newer model.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
So don't preach about what you have looked into. Jump on the Passat forums and look at the issues they are exactly the same as every other car they issues which are caused by stupid designs.

Looked into? Try living with my brother that OWNED ONE!!! They're great cars! His R36 was AMAZING quality. I'm not "preaching" anything. Just stating FACT. Been a member here and there's WAY less complaints about problems than there are on any Holden/Ford thread. It sucks that you got a car that's had problems, but it happens with EVERY manufacturer. It doesn't automatically mean the brand is a POS just because you think yours is.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'd disagree once again if you looked hard enough you see they have just about as many problems as GM and Ford, and not just the Passat. But I'm not here to argue how crap they are just that I'd never own another one, clearly their are good one or no one would buy them. Next time round I'm buying her a Mazda 3 or maybe a Ford Focus.
I'm off to get a quote.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Go for the diesel Focus Titanium. It's what my other half has on order atm. Best of the bunch in that size bracket!