Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new daily: VX SS

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
nice car man, jealous haha you should be able to pick up another upper door air vent pretty cheap? either way that things sick! looking at an ss the other day but was white :( nice car though, just hard to convince the missus that when i get one it wont be a family car and a **** ton of money 'wont' be pumped into it haha

Thanks man! Yeah, might have a look for one next week. Hopefully it still looks as good when it's raised back to stock, damn laws! :(. White would be great for paint condition and maintenance, but if a panel is out of line a bit it really shows on a white car. Haha, try to say that you'll do all the installing yourself! They're pretty good on petrol too, i get nearly the same amount out of km's a tank as i did in my V6 ecotec if you drive it like a granny. I run this one on premium fuel though, that might make a bit of a difference.

You should make a build thread, or link them in your sig?

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Knightly How come ur raising the suspension, did u get pinged by the cops? As long as your lowest point under the car is 100mm off the ground u will be ok.

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Knightly How come ur raising the suspension, did u get pinged by the cops? As long as your lowest point under the car is 100mm off the ground u will be ok.

Long story :/

Drove it back from NSW a few weeks ago after getting it checked out by Stateroads (vehicle inspection company in NSW), they said the car checked out well and was above 100mm off the ground and all legal. Once i drive it back to SA i had to get it put in my name so i went to regency and left with a slip saying i needed to get; Window tint removed (it's currently 22%, has to be 35%), suspension raised (Front is: 326mm, needs to be 354mm, Rear is: 348mm, has to be 344mm) and the rear lights had to be put back to stock ones. So when i get all that sorted out i can put it in my name. Until then i have no way of registering the car (runs out in May) because it's not in my name.

I measured it when i got home, it was around 50 to 75mm off the ground, and that was the side skirt, not even the exhaust. I had trouble changing the oil last Friday because i couldn't get any Jack under the front of the car to the crossmember because it's so low.

I love the stance of the car at the moment, but it's sadly illegal so i have to get it changed :(

I was going to get it put back to stock by pedders but now i'm thinking i might check out Olsen Automotive and get him to chuck these in:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-G..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item2321c82b57&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-C..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item338b687090&_uhb=1

then re-lower it after i pass the inspection. Wouldn't go as low as before though.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Long story :/

Drove it back from NSW a few weeks ago after getting it checked out by Stateroads (vehicle inspection company in NSW), they said the car checked out well and was above 100mm off the ground and all legal. Once i drive it back to SA i had to get it put in my name so i went to regency and left with a slip saying i needed to get; Window tint removed (it's currently 22%, has to be 35%), suspension raised (Front is: 326mm, needs to be 354mm, Rear is: 348mm, has to be 344mm) and the rear lights had to be put back to stock ones. So when i get all that sorted out i can put it in my name. Until then i have no way of registering the car (runs out in May) because it's not in my name.

I measured it when i got home, it was around 50 to 75mm off the ground, and that was the side skirt, not even the exhaust. I had trouble changing the oil last Friday because i couldn't get any Jack under the front of the car to the crossmember because it's so low.

I love the stance of the car at the moment, but it's sadly illegal so i have to get it changed :(

I was going to get it put back to stock by pedders but now i'm thinking i might check out Olsen Automotive and get him to chuck these in:

Holden Genuine NEW Front FE2 Springs Suits Sedan Wagon VT VX VY VZ Commodores | eBay

Holden Commodore VT VX VY VZ Factory FE2 Rear IRS Springs 260mm 92048210 | eBay

then re-lower it after i pass the inspection. Wouldn't go as low as before though.

Wow thats too low for a daily (SL is as low as i went as that put my exhaust 95mm above the ground which isnt passable either). Ive got one of those low profile race jacks
and that still doesnt get under the front spoiler so i just jack it up each side and stick stands under there when changing oil.
Ask Daniel Olsen about the springs - he usually has spares lying around and you might get them cheaper. If you have short shocks they might have to be changed along with the springs though?

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
nice ss mate,love the black,good luck with regency,they can be real assholes if you act like a so and so-lol

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Wow thats too low for a daily (SL is as low as i went as that put my exhaust 95mm above the ground which isnt passable either). Ive got one of those low profile race jacks
and that still doesnt get under the front spoiler so i just jack it up each side and stick stands under there when changing oil.
Ask Daniel Olsen about the springs - he usually has spares lying around and you might get them cheaper. If you have short shocks they might have to be changed along with the springs though?

Yeah, i completely agree. The only thing i scrape on is my driveway though, everything else it fine. Yeah i ended up jacking it up from the passenger side chassis rail and put a stand under there so the oil flowed towards the sump plug.
I'll do that, cheers. I think i have standard shocks, they ride is really bouncy at the moment.

nice ss mate,love the black,good luck with regency,they can be real assholes if you act like a so and so-lol

Thanks! Yeah, the guy wasn't too bad, just doing his job i guess. But when he sees this 21 year old guy with a V8 he probably presumes i'm a hoon, which really isn't the case. Oh well.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
lol,yeah he would but who cares really,as you said he does his job and if he finds nothing then all will be good,whats it cost these days to go over at regency

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
lol,yeah he would but who cares really,as you said he does his job and if he finds nothing then all will be good,whats it cost these days to go over at regency

Yep, that's it. Just the petrol :)

Im surprised it didn't get picked up here in NSW for the Tint. Darkest legal here is 35% also (or at least, so I thought)

Yeah, but as I've stated before in a different thread i honestly don't think it's that dark, but either way it's illegal and i'm going to get it changed. The vehicle inspector told me i was fine, that's what annoys me the most.

Yeah, same here. I'll just get it removed and made legal.

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
fghmdr

Last edited: