Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new daily: VX SS

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
So, not a whole lot has been going on with the car lately besides some new rotors and pads (haven't installed yet). Few problem though; Seems like the coolant reservoir is leaking a bit. Nothing major, just keeping an eye on it at the moment. Also, since the last week, sometimes the starter doesn't want to work (guessing that's what's happening) i would turn the key, nothing would happen. The second attempt always works though. Guessing it's either the starter, the barrel or hopefully just a dirty/loose connection.

Looking at getting the panels re-sprayed soon, then hopefully get it cut and polished.

Had a crack on the Elantra's headlights today to get more confident with the R.O. Polisher, here's the results:

aedc7c28ea.jpg

83182005ce.jpg

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
So, this happened yesterday.. Sucks, but it was an accident..

btbNt8h.jpg

Fella who works next door backed into my car, damaged the right rear door. He was apologetic and assured me that he was going to replace it, he's already got another door which is probably going to go on in the next few days.

I'm not too fussed about the accident, made me make up my mind about getting a close door respray done which should hopefully happen early next year.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Damn shame m8..lucky it didn't hit the rear guard as well...
What's a closed door respray worth?..would have thought about $5000...Have you tried getting a proper buff and polish as it will save you a packet of $$$..
The $$ you spend on a respray isn't worth it , as these cars wont be worth much in a few years time. But like anything you spend on your car, you never get your money back, it's just personal satisfaction that we carry out mods I suppose..

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Damn shame m8..lucky it didn't hit the rear guard as well...
What's a closed door respray worth?..would have thought about $5000...Have you tried getting a proper buff and polish as it will save you a packet of $$$..
The $$ you spend on a respray isn't worth it , as these cars wont be worth much in a few years time. But like anything you spend on your car, you never get your money back, it's just personal satisfaction that we carry out mods I suppose..

Very true.
Yeah, i reckon around 5k. I was looking at getting it cut 'n' polished but a lot of parts of the car have scratches, stone chips ect.. that likely wouldn't come out even with an aggressive go over.
Also true, but i'm happy to just slowly chuck money at my car so it's practically as reliable as a new one; New engine, trans, diff ect.. Whenever the current ones are unusable of course. I was considering saving for a SSV or something similar, but after thinking about it, they're all gonna be worth jack all in a few years so i might as well keep this car, as i prefer this body shape to any newer SS. Especially the front end. The only worth-while car to buy would be a HSV, but they're damn expensive and i wouldn't be able to buy a low(ish) KM one without going broke and not being able to afford any mods for it, lol..

So, i'm pretty much planning on keeping the VX until it gets really outdated, aha.

On another note, i'm looking at getting a bike license soon. So that should be fun. Only 6.5k for a brand new Yamaha (R3), makes them really affordable for cheap fun.

Last edited:

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Yeah..I'm hanging on to mine for a looooong time..with all the work it's had done not worth selling or trading for a pitiful amount..Our cars should last for many years to come and agree with you, I like the body shape as well over a lot of newer cars that have body shapes that are all too similar.
Keep upgrading your ride..if it makes you happy, go for it m8..

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Update:

Got a service done today and some other bits.

Standard oil change, used Penrite 10w40 Full Synth with a K&N filter. New Fuel Filter too. Might switch to 5w30 next service and see how that runs.

Got the DBA rotors put on today with new Red Calipers all round.

jqPuz7x.jpg

Added some Penrite Fuel Additive to the last fill up, thought it needed it. I'm unsure if the fuel filter has even been changed since factory.

The car feels like it's up on power since the service which is nice. I'm pretty sure it was a bit rough because of the fuel filter. But it could have been because i've been driving an Elantra for the past few days, lol.

Looked through the service history of the car, looks like it was owned by a Security firm. Got a bunch of history, all of the services ect.. Nothing major has been changed, i think the Oil pressure sensor was changed back in 06 and it looks like it had a clutch kit back in 2010, i reckon it's due for another soon. Was good to see that it had the throttle body cleaned every service and a fuel cleaner added too. Probably had a bit of a hard life working for a Security firm so it's good that it was serviced well.

My mechanic said that he could get me a good price on repairing the pushed in door and painting a few other pieces. That looks like it'll be done next, after i spend a bunch of money at CarCareProducts, lol. Then it's the Cut & Polish, Window tint, Diff rebuild (Tranny checked too), Difillipo Exhaust system, Tune then all done!

Thinking about enjoying it for a couple of years then upgrading to a Monaro or maybe a HSV GTO. Damn cars keep making me change my mind, one day i'll be satisfied, lol.

Last edited:

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Update:

Bought a set of SSV rims off of Gumtree, got them repaired, machined and fitted last Tuesday.

krS2dDb.jpg

ULf1kWZ.png

Going to be getting the drivers side rear door fixed soon and the front bumper put on. Will be putting a set of new VX SS badges on after that too.