Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new E3 R8 - Advice needed

Mortuary

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI Sportwagon
howdy all! Upgraded from my sv6 ve wagon to the E3 Clubsport - wow, what a difference! It has walkinshaw 3" catback so far, and it sounds awesome. I was keen on getting some mods done, and was after some advice with the following;

Senator boot lip - I have seen JHP do 2 options for this, is the non-genuine boot lip similar to the genuine one from anyones experience? Or where are most people getting this done? 1300$ for a boot lip is pretty steep!

Audio upgrades - Recommendations for western suburbs of melbourne for audio upgrades? What have you guys done to your ride in regards to audio? The 'premium' sound is pretty piss poor.. put 4.5k into my wagons sound and certainly keen to do so on the clubby.

'Racing' sticker decals - Would like some suggestions for a black stripe to go down the side of the car, while retaining the clubsport decal if possible?

I have the Walkinshaw 3" exhaust done so far, and after some research, I'd like to go the Duspeed OTR CAI. I'd like to throw a tune in aswell, and I'm not sure whether to go MAF or MAFFless. Is it also worth going something else while I'm at it, like some cats or headers? Any recommendations for tuners in Melbourne?

I'd also like the front of my R8 to have that GTS style look, with the black 'triangle' style front, my car is red hot so would look neat. Any suggestions there?

And lastly I'd like to get my wheels painted black! Anyone have a recommendation for western suburbs of Melbourne for that?

Thanks a lot!!

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I found the audio in the E3 R8 a huge improvement over the stock VE S2 SV6 audio, but I still added a mono lock amp and 12" sub in a box in the rear left corner of the boot.

I had professional wrap the whole front of mine in clear 3m wrap as well as the door sill! dog legs and boot lip to protect it. I thought about getting the black stripe on the lower 3 inches of the doors, but didn't.

I did get matte black 3M film (matched to the cars non painted highlights) on the nose and I think it looks great.

I also debadged it except for the round HSV logo front and back.

CarTattoo1_zps61f918f7.jpg

May2013701_zps75781351.jpg

Mortuary

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI Sportwagon
That front looks absolutely killer mate! Thx for sharing

Mortuary

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI Sportwagon
Those wheels painted black? Or plastidip?

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
They are the SV wheels that dealers were selling as upgrades. Forged alloy painted gloss black. Look great when they're clean and terrible when they're dirty

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep the black snout would look hot. I'd go matte black on the nose and wheels to contrast the stunning shine off the red colour.

I'd probably go same black on the side flutes and the strip along the bottom of the door (and lose the Clubsport badge on the rear doors

Nice combo of cars there. My other half drives my old 2011 SV6

HSV3_zpsd7339ef7.jpg

Mortuary

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI Sportwagon
I was thinking the same thing, matte black the same as the flute, and will fit the wheels nicely. Really keen on the senator boot lip too, but 1300$ odd fitted and painted is a bit of a hit..
we have almost the same kinda rides, ha

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
The HSV has 20% tint now and has HSV plates which have finished it nicely.

My EH is my baby though. Wish I had the money to have it registered also, it's the awesome one to drive

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice ride mate love that colour