Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new ls1 with pics

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
howd it go on the dyno??

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
not sure yet lol its still at the shop getting a new diff and all the nitrous put in

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
ooo i want nitrous :p ... im getting my diff rebuilt with 3.9's and gettin a 3000 stall and stage 2 shiftkit in the box... hopefully ill get a mid/high 12 sec qtr... dam car is too heavy :p ... how much quicker do u reckon it would go with a shot of nos?

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
to tell the truth mate i have been using nitrous on my cars since the day i got my license and i have never looked back i have always used a WET kit and never used more then 200hp shots. in my ls1 im only using 150 because the new motor is around the 430-440 rwhp mark so with the 150 shot its 580-590rwhp so i dont really need to go bigger and being a manual it very hard to use the nitrous i have it hooked up through a push button not to the throttle i never use the nitrous till about 3rd gear or you lose to much traction ,but in my opinion its the best thing since sliced bread and extreamly cheap hp and huge gains down the 1/4 BUT YOU REALLY NEED THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO TUNE IT OR IT WILL BE YOUR WORST ENEMY AND COST YOU BIG TIME . . . .

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah my engine is unopened so i was a little worried of blowin it up...

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
ls1's handle it very well mate i know heaps of people running 150shots on stock ls1's and its all good ,there is a bloke in WA with a fully stock ls1 running like 3 nos setups in the 1 car its close to a 500shot of nitrous and it runs 10.4 and he has made over 25 passes he is a good mate of my tuners he done it as a test to see how it would like it and he said he is shocked and its still going hard

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
hahaha thats awesome :p yeah one of the guys in the club has just installed a kit into his vt II clubby, dont think hes used it yet he wanted to use it when he entered the good fryday burnouts but they told him he wasnt allowed to

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
really whys that hey what his name

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
not sure why had something do do with a plate that he needs to get welded in somewhere for safety reasons... his name is jason

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
fair enough , but yeah if your chasing cheap hp and good times iwould try the NOS mate and some drag slicks mate some people hate nos some love it ,i find it harder using full drag slicks then using nitrous drag slick get a bit scary by the time you cross the line