Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New Manual VR

Reed93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais L67
Just thought I'd post up a few pics of my new project.
It is a 1993 Model VR Executive
Converted to T5 Manual with heavy duty clutch.
Picked it up for $1000 off a mate that had lost motivation. I was happy with the price as there is quite a few goodies on the car.
It has a freshened up top end (new gaskets, seals, 82° Thermostat, timing case seal ect.)
Pacemaker Extractors
2.5" Redback Exhaust
Tinted Windows
Leather interior
Fully Dynomatted from boot to firewall
Converted to a calais dash loom so it has the digital climate control, digital trip computer and stage 3 cluster.
Power windows
S Pac boot lip
Lowered on pedders shocks and king springs
Nolathane bushes and adjustable panhard rod
Drop tank

Now the bad points are that it had an exhaust leak which is fixed, needs a few things inside like rear view mirror, couple of seat belts ect.

The big problem that I am unable to figure out is that the drivers power window has constant power without touching the switch.
Every other window works fine, I have replaced the switches and it's still doing it.
When I plug the loom into the motor it immediately starts going down, and once fully down it continues to try go down. Pushing the button can make it jolt for a second but it won't go back up unless I swap the plug around to change the polarity and then it goes straight up and stays up.
I've been told it can be the bcm but the car has a hi bcm in it, rear drivers side window is on the same switch and works fine.
Should I try go straight from the switch to the motor and bypass the bcm ?
Or do you think it would be the motor itself stuck on ?