Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Project (dan's version)

dan_man31

now projecting oh yeah :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
Hey thought i would start a thread for my new project i have been tossing up whether to sell my vl as it is and buy something a bit better or ...do a major paint and do it up so heres a few of my plans atm its gold ...

a few options for colour if u may have seen in other threads are silver with some sort of striping ... across the bonnet and roof or similar or blue or something similar ... i plan on doin a boot install as soon as the paints been finished off ... including in the doors boot and under the bonnet ... hopefully without removing the motor .

the plan is to change the interior slightly ... but not to funky probably put some paint on the dash and that ...hopefully black or silver to match the car .. a new carpet and change the seats there is a couple of rust spots as u will see in photo's which need to be repaired i am hoping to pick up a cheap aero kit which i can put on its gonna be a decent paint job .... but nothin to flash in the build in other words ... NOTHIN COMPARED to how far bex has gone ... but im hoping it will still look terrific.
the spoiler in the photo's has been taken off didnt look quite right the roof has a couple of dints as usual but its going to be a good project

anyway just thought id give ya's the low down and ill definetly keep you updated with the happenings ;) for now here is some pics of before and how it is now as well as plans for the boot install

thanks dan :wax: :bow:

Attachments

• boot install.bmp
    620.5 KB · Views: 241
  • pics-of-cam-009.jpg
    pics-of-cam-009.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 168
  • pics-of-cam-010.jpg
    pics-of-cam-010.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 181
  • pics-of-cam-005.jpg
    pics-of-cam-005.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 166
  • pics-of-cam-001.jpg
    pics-of-cam-001.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 181
  • pics-of-cam-004.jpg
    pics-of-cam-004.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 170

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
seeing as you're changing the colour of the car, are you doing the engine bay and inside the doors?

dan_man31

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
yeah i said that inside the door's in the boot and under the bonnet ... eg engine bay ... it said that "as soon as the paints been finished off ... including in the doors boot and under the bonnet ... hopefully without removing the motor ."

sorry if i wasnt clear

thanks

dan_man31

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
oh yeah not sure of the extent of damage done to the drivers door but if you look in pics ... you can see it has a fair amount of bog that thing under the lock was just a sticker which pealed the paint off ... might be up for a new door ... also know of a dint in the back left corner will have a go at nocking the dint out there but probably have to re- do it again ... im psycked :D almost a week's work ... done in a couple of day's .. still not quite tell me wat u think

Opinions on colour is also greatly appreciated

thanks dan:thumbsup:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
most likly u will take the motor out, much easyer to feather the engine bay out with it gone BUT when the motor is taken out it is normal for people to say "i might just give the motor a little clean while its out" then one thing leads to the other and its a full blown wepon,
so be careful.....

dan_man31

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
yeah well ill take that as a caution .... sounds just like something i might do oh no is that a drop of oil ... this motor wont do where is that 355 efi stroker we bought :p nah cant afford petrol i would clean it up but im not gonna supe her up any more ...bar some extractors ... and a really really good polish :D im into it :D

thanks for the warning

dan

dan_man31

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
update ...

might not be doing under the bonnet as i first suspected ...

found a repair job done on the door ...which also revealed that rust had eaten right into it which we are gonna replace dad's keen on nocking the dints out of the roof instead of mass filling ..the sideskirts are proving very difficult to remove someone has used some kick ass glue to get them to stick on ..petrol , thinners turps nothing works at getting them off anyone got any idea's

so far the project is going well just researching other painting methods dads still painting old school .. not that it doesnt work just checking the other **** out

thanks dan

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
awesome man, best of luck with it all.
take your time, shop around for parts, be patient with sales/purchases
if you get frustrated -walk away.
and the most important of all, whatever your budget is, times it by 3.

dan_man31

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
yeah parts im sourcing out cheapest and best quality .. good shop round here called vl projex does most my bits gives me decent deals cause i buy loads of stuff i havent really thought about the budget so far its watever i got is being used and when money free's up more is being put into it im pretty sure its gonna take quite a while but she's a work in progress ...

there is a bit of an updated page on www.cardomain.com/ride/801052 if u wanna check it out

thanks bex for ur advice

dan

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
dan_man31 said:
yeah parts im sourcing out cheapest and best quality .. good shop round here called vl projex does most my bits gives me decent deals cause i buy loads of stuff i havent really thought about the budget so far its watever i got is being used and when money free's up more is being put into it im pretty sure its gonna take quite a while but she's a work in progress ...

there is a bit of an updated page on www.cardomain.com/ride/801052 if u wanna check it out

thanks bex for ur advice

dan

Hey dan,

Good luck with the project man...... my vl is currently sitting in my shed waiting for its new carpet and interior.....I use to have that disgusting blue interior in it....

Took me 3 hours to dismantle the whole interior including the roof lining..... My shed floor is littered with grey series 2 berlina interior which i cant wait to put in. Hmmmm might get the roof lining redone in velour to match the rest of the interior(oops I can feel a BUG biting, better stop now before its too late... :D ).....might do some engine bay tidying up as well while its off the road......

Keep up the good work....cheers