Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Red Hot VF SSV!!!

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
yeeeeeeoooowwwwww! red hot is a great colour mate hope you have many years of driving pleasures to come! :beer chug:

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
yeeeeeeoooowwwwww! red hot is a great colour mate hope you have many years of driving pleasures to come! :beer chug:

Thanks heaps mate. Yes I love it so much. Normally I'm a black fan but I've fallen in love with this red lol. It's so good. It needs another good clean now though but even with only a basic clean and still some bugs on it, it still looks amazing!

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
no problem dude, yeah im usually a black or blue fan untill i saw my ute sitting in the dealer yard and instantly went yep thats the one! but that SSV in red hot looks orgasmic :p i usually clean mine every weekend but ive left it for about 2 weeks now with rain and a bit of dust and it still turns heads!! and yes red is the fastest colour :spot on:

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
Yeah mine is pretty damn filthy at current lol. Really need to clean it. Went to Townsville and back the other weekend and now it's just covered in crap and bugs. Just haven't got around to cleaning it. But it still looks the goods :)

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Agreed mate, exactly my thoughts after test driving one...

I've never owned a holden, I've driven many cars in my life but after my test drive in a redline, it was all over, nowhere else to turn, for the coin, this is by far the best value performance car with all the latest creature comforts and ride handling that you could ask for. This is the new Aussie Holden and hopefully not the last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Logitech47

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS v wagon
Needs some looooooow something fierce! That third pic from the side make it look like a fourby!

I'm still jealous though lol! whats it like compared to the VE? taking out the "holy **** balls I got a new car" feeling lol

Do you drive your ssv daily? I honestly don't know how you can drive it that low. I've had 3 ss's and only lowered 2 of them, vt and vy series. They both had been lowered properly by a professional yet after 2-3 months the ride was just shocking. I never again will lower the ride height unless I take it to the track. Do you take yours to a track? if not, I think you will eventually regret lowering it, regardless how much better it looks.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
I drive mine mainly on weekends but my missus drives it during the week. The ride is similar to stock, not bouncy or too firm. It's still at legal height so I won't have any problems with cops either.

The ride depends on the components used, regardless if it was done by a professional or at home in the garage (like mine was done).

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
My last SS was pretty damn low and the ride was pretty hard, but I think that was more the 20 inch wheels on it and the terrible roads here.
I probably won't be lowering this, as much as I'd like to for looks.. I have just had too many times around town since I've had it that if it was lowered my bar would be busted up. And luckily I have not yet scratched the front bumper :) *touch wood*

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
I've already lowered my VF.. 40mm drop.. The ride feels basically the same I haven't noticed any difference in terms of discomfort however there's almost no body roll and it certainly looks great :)