Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new ride!

Jonarus_Drakus

Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina
haven't had much to do with car forums in a while, back in the SC-magazine forum days... I've been without a car since my last one (A mild non-turbo VL) was stollen back in '09.
Anyway, that's changed now! After far to long, I have a 'new' Commodore! Picked up this 2001 Berlina (V6 Auto) less than a month ago! Still finalising on-roads, but the issues there are with me more than the car (unemployed as I currently am). Anyway, sourced from carsales.com and set me back $2300, not too bad all things considered!

Not sure what sort of work I'm going to do with her yet... Can't really afford to dream much yet anyway... But regardless, she'll stay a 'daily', so nothing to crazy! Wheels and Stereo for sure, fix up the paint (figure I'll stick with the factory silver, just maybe add some detail?), stuff like that.
Performance wise would be very limited though - Exhaust, maybe some up-rate injectors, spark-plugs, etc - But internally stock, and almost certainly no forced induction of any kind.

Anyway, here she is sitting pretty in my driveway!

~JD

Attachments

• Baby.jpg
    Baby.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 336

Jonarus_Drakus

Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina
Baby is going to be going in for a bit of a service, figured I'd get started on some of the simpler mods while I'm at it. Went to my MACE 'shopping list' and rang up new spark plugs, coils, and an Oil Filter. Not much, I know, but gotta start somewhere right? Not expecting much of anything in terms of performance gain, but maybe it'll smooth things out a bit, and thats good enough for now!

~JD

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Very Nice, I had a 2002 VX II Berlina Wagon, and was a great car.

Depending upon how many K's yours has done,
And if you doing Plugs, and you are not sure the age of the leads, its always best to do the Spark Plug Leads also,
Just incase they are breaking down or leaking across to the next lead,

Being a stickler to keep a car stock/OEM mechanically,
I personally, I would just leave it stock, cos if it ain't broke, don't fix it,
and you will have less problems with it, and many pleasurable driving k's
Most of all, you wont have to spend any money on fixing accessories you don't really need,
and since your now unemployed, you don't need to throw money at it while its OEM and still going.

Just need to get it running efficiently, which will cost you less to run.

Last edited:

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I had a Series II VX equipe , great car , the VT-VX is my favorite shape of Commodore

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I had a Series II VX equipe , great car , the VT-VX is my favorite shape of Commodore

Those models just keep going,
The only thing apart from the usual service items every 10,000k's, oil, filters.
I had to replace the Regulator, and just kept going.