Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new ride

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
Around February I bought a VR:
PIC_0001.JPG

Now my ride is:

IMG_0089sml.JPG

Yea a ClubSportR8

The VR now belongs to one of my sons who turns 18 on Sunday. He's already put a pod filter in, melted the fuse for the sound system - strange he's only running 1200W :yeah:

Me I'm happy with my little clubby :yeah:

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
No plans yet, no money either, the loan payments are enormous enough - of course if I win the lotto :D I'd love to put it in The Brock Shop to see what they could do, trouble is then I'd really need somewhere to open it up.

Maybe I might put 21" on the corners and a sound upgrade. Couple of 1000W subs maybe (the amp's big enough). Oh and one thing I've gotta get rid of is the cheese cutter - the yellow space saver - it's an 18x7, looks s* (had one flat already), so that means some modding in the boot.

Any ideas on fuel savers? - I'm getting 15-17L/100 K stop start, and 9.5-10L/100K open road. (lots better than the VR).

Of course if I had the cash - supercharge (285 to 350) & chip etc etc. haha I wish...

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
i love the see the Holdens in the blood :) i got mine from my folks :) i remembered whe you posted about ur vr a while back, good upgrade keep us posted

SlyVr

Its spreading. While my 18 yo now has my VR, my 19 yo bought a statesman (89 I think). My 17yo daughter will get a Holden eventually - once she learns to drive properly and gets her license.

As an aside, the kid's mum (divorced well and truly) drives my 18yo's first car - a beat up ?86 datsun. Totally understandable - she used to have a 2002 Ford - it's got to be an upgrade :yeah:

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Its spreading. While my 18 yo now has my VR, my 19 yo bought a statesman (89 I think). My 17yo daughter will get a Holden eventually - once she learns to drive properly and gets her license.

As an aside, the kid's mum (divorced well and truly) drives my 18yo's first car - a beat up ?86 datsun. Totally understandable - she used to have a 2002 Ford - it's got to be an upgrade :yeah:

Bahahahaha!!!

The clubby is hell nice. I'm guessing it's manual?

kwlumley

KenZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Clubsport R8
Sorry to dissapoint - it's an automatic. But hell, I like the cruise control!!