Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new sound system.

Cohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Why would you want to put a coaxial that low in the door. Plus at that price , lets take into account mark up, they will honestly sound much the same as the factory ones you have.

Do you live near the store?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Just looked again, why do you want to spend $500 on a head unit and then pair it with such cheap speakers?

Buy a $150 head unit, and buy a set of $300 speakers, and the buy an amp to go with them.

Cohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
Just looked again, why do you want to spend $500 on a head unit and then pair it with such cheap speakers?

Buy a $150 head unit, and buy a set of $300 speakers, and the buy an amp to go with them.

I'm getting the head unit for $350, as yes I do live near the store.
What other 6" would you recommend on that site that are of similar price but not splits.

Plus can't really afford the 4 channel amp right now for the speakers.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Why do you need a 4 channel amp for 2 speakers?

I suggest you go into the store for some advice, alternatively, if you've been in there, you've been given poor advice.

Why don't you want a split component system? Are you worried about the extra hassle with the instal, so your looking for something that will drop straight it thinking that's something you could easily handle? EDIT - just saw your last reply so i was right.

A coaxial will sound like rubbish mounted that low in the door. The centre mounted tweeter is too far down. Your standard speakers are a split system as it is from the factory. You have the 6'' driver in the door which handles the midbass / midrange, and a tweeter mounted either side in the upper corner of the dash.

I can't suggest another speaker for that price because it isn't worth while. Like i said take into account the mark up of the speakers, even at $80 or what ever, the quality of them is going to be on par with what you allready have. In fact i'll bet you my left nut (heck you can have both) that it will actually sound worse replacing them with a coaxial. Just because it's an "aftermarket" speaker, doesn't mean it is a better sounding speaker. Plus without external amplification, your wasting further time really.

Just go all out on the sub instead.

Cohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
Why do you need a 4 channel amp for 2 speakers?

I suggest you go into the store for some advice, alternatively, if you've been in there, you've been given poor advice.

Why don't you want a split component system? Are you worried about the extra hassle with the instal, so your looking for something that will drop straight it thinking that's something you could easily handle? EDIT - just saw your last reply so i was right.

A coaxial will sound like rubbish mounted that low in the door. The centre mounted tweeter is too far down. Your standard speakers are a split system as it is from the factory. You have the 6'' driver in the door which handles the midbass / midrange, and a tweeter mounted either side in the upper corner of the dash.

I can't suggest another speaker for that price because it isn't worth while. Like i said take into account the mark up of the speakers, even at $80 or what ever, the quality of them is going to be on par with what you allready have. In fact i'll bet you my left nut (heck you can have both) that it will actually sound worse replacing them with a coaxial. Just because it's an "aftermarket" speaker, doesn't mean it is a better sounding speaker. Plus without external amplification, your wasting further time really.

Just go all out on the sub instead.

4 channel for four speakers right?

What speakers can I get, to run off the H/U that will sound good, without the need of an amplifier.
I'm getting that 2-din head unit as I dont want a pocket.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
What do you mean 4 speakers? So you want to put a set in the rear as well?? Why??? What's wrong with the ones that are in there????

Well no aftermarket speaker is really going to make a major improvement without adding an external amplifier, this is why we have amplifiers in the first place.

Cohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina

Wait sorry, do you mean to say my car already has Splits in it?
( sorry if I'm coming across rather uneducated ).