Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Staffie pup!!

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
i agree with andyman on the kelpie, looking against my dogs kelpie cross blue heeler...my mate has a black staffy with white feet named socks and my cousin has a full black staffy named bundy (rum).

I cant wait to get my own dog, either staffy or boxer but have to wait untill both our dogs pass or move out of the parents.

VL-EXEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Heres a pic of mine
Mum was a blue american staffie
Dad was a brindle Pitty (possible pitty cross couldnt tell)

January054.jpg

Im looking to find a girl for him to play with, anyone?

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
NOT.BT1, I agree that staffies are awesome hey, I love them, big softies, (most of them) Hows Princess going, is she really energetic/playful? How long did it take for Kiara and Busta to calm down, (if they have?!) Great looking dogs you have there too.
It would be good if she is mostly staffie, she does look a bit like it. Its just the nose, and she has pretty long legs for the size of her - both of which might change if she fills out when she gets a bit older?

princess is going great very playful never stops really lol. Kiara calmed down at about 18months Busta was about 2. Princess kind of looks like yours at the moment and so did Busta very lanky and long nosed but at about 12 months his head started to fill out and got chunkier. so not long now for you to wait

zvagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 9C1
Aww zvagon, he looks like a nice pup, real solid. So he's starting to calm down a bit at 14 months? Hope Bella does soon, she is always destroying things / digging up the garden, it seems the more we walk her - the more energy she gets..? Where'd you find that ball? Looks like Bella wont be able to destroy that either!!

Thanks! He is really starting to fill out. If he is anything like his parents he is going to be an absolute bruiser. Thankfully, he is a big sook.

We really started to notice him calming down from about 12 months... but everyone we speaks to says it is normally at 2 or 3 that they settle. So he could be a real chilled dog by the end of it.

The Staffy Ball is made by Aussie Dog. Apparently it is pretty much a rebadge of the ball zoos give lions/tigers to play with. Can get them on ebay and a few random pet shops. He has put some good gouges in the plastic, but it is over an inch thick - hence the life time warranty. He usually just gets his shoulder into it and bullies it around.

Just be careful... he makes so much noise I am sure the neighbours think we are abusing him!

Cute dogs people!

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Peanuts Inc, Thanks mate, she's really a good dog, but just so full on - (as to be expected because she's only a pup) We've had sooo many 'toys' for her to play with and she's destroyed 90% of them so far lol.. Her favourite is a bone shape / knotted rope - which we have 10min + "tug of wars" with. She loves it! haha,

Escape The Fate, ahh don't say Kelpie, lol, they have wayyy to much energy (all the time) for a residential back yard!!
Isn't it funny how many animals are named after Alcoholic beverages... (Bella = Chanpagne) Saying something? :whistling
I've wanted a Staff for as long as I could remember, so good things come to those who wait! You really need to be in the position so that you can give them what they need - lots of love and attention. Heaps of people get animals, and in my opinion, don't look after them as well as they should... :banstick:

VL-EXEC Beautiful dog mate, What ever is the other half of him is, he looks good. I love the 'innoncence' in their eyes, such a mis-understood dog.
Would be a good Father for a litter or two, but not going to happen with this little one - she's been fixed.. lol. Should be able to find him a mate but..

NOT.BT1, well thats good to hear, lol, it might start getting easier sometime soon... As you can see in one of the pics one of the gardens had to be fenced off to 'try' and keep her out. Although, I think we should have named her Houdini (sp?) lol, so far she's managed to get in there half a dozen times, lol. It's not like she doesn't have much room - its a pretty big block.
In the last couple of months she has filled out heaps, around 8 or so months it looked like she was getting a bit fat, but then the legs started catching up. Everytime I look at her I think "if you fill out a little more, you'll look more like a staff.." She's still only young so, time is on her side.

zvagon, I've also heard that it takes them till around 2-3yrs old to grow out of it, which, hopefully she chills out like he did, 12 months or so. I'll definately look into one of those balls - my neighbors son has a footy he kicks around and she loves chasing it - not so much biting it, just using her chest/front legs to keep it away from him. lol,

Leathal11, He's a big fella, lol, how do you go with him inside? I let Bella in occasionally on hot days, or when I'm going to be inside for a bit, but she is still to hyper to be a "leave unattended inside" dog. lol, I'm afraid we'd come back to the lounge torn up, or carpet.. haha. Maybe in a few years.

Its good hearing/seeing about everyone else's pups/dogs. A couple of days ago Bella's 'future' at our home came into question. With the end result being me saying if she goes, I go... lol, between the back yard in ruins, and her bed constantly being ripped to shreds... :blah blah:

She's such a great dog, and I have only had her a relatively short time. But just looking at her, the back yard would definately be missing something if she wasn't there... Hopefully for the next couple of weeks she stays on her best behaviour - until it all dies down a bit!! :smoking:

zvagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 9C1
... A couple of days ago Bella's 'future' at our home came into question. With the end result being me saying if she goes, I go... lol, between the back yard in ruins, and her bed constantly being ripped to shreds... :blah blah:

She's such a great dog, and I have only had her a relatively short time. But just looking at her, the back yard would definately be missing something if she wasn't there... Hopefully for the next couple of weeks she stays on her best behaviour - until it all dies down a bit!! :smoking:

Honestly, we had those discussions in the first few months we had Sam also. He was fine with me, but a real terror for my wife. In some cases it was only hearing about the calm that comes after the storm (read: first 12ish months) that kept us going. Glad we have and I am sure you will be too.

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
this is our sneaky little ginger female cat poomba sleeping in my draw..
2diezr7.jpg

we always prefered dogs but we are doing renovations at the moment so we have no fence. We used to own a pure bred Irish Wolf Hound.. worlds biggest dog :D it died at age 16 :(

Dogs are great although owning a cat is alot easier, they clean themselves, when they crap they bury it, and they dont run up to you and jump all over you but you start to miss that. Our next dog is going to be a Husky.

Cheers

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
Id say kelpie too.. only because of the body shape.
It seems to have abit of a staffy chest...

Just saw the old pics of my pup i put up and thought id update:
My pup turned 1 year old last december and weighs 41kg:
13122009673.jpg

25112009601-1.jpg