Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New Stereo (first time too!)

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
Ok guys, i'm done! I'll start from the front and work my way back:

1. Head Unit
I chose the Pioneer DEH-P7750MP (pic 1) to power my system. So far i'm very impressed - I reckon it looks awesome. Some members are opposed to "wanky screens" - not me! This one is from ebay, from this seller, and I paid $360 for it delivered to my house.

2. Ipod adapter
This is hidden so there is is no picture. I got it from JB HIFI for $140, but i wouldn't reccomend it. It has awesome sound clarity, but the worst interface i've ever used

3. VR/VS Door pods
These were harder than i thought, and you can see that they sit too high - I made a bit of a major mistake. Pic two is the modified spacer, pic three is what it looks like installed. They were $50 from the wrecker. I will write a how to one day. These ones are holding a pair of 6.5i Precision response woofers, with tweeters in the dash. They set me back $110. I got all my Precision response gear from New Millenium Networking (website is here somewhere) and I am very happy with it.

4. Centre Console
I made up a little shelf for my remote and Ipod to sit on. pic four is the shelf.

5. Parcel Shelf
This is made of 16mm MDF (I had some at home already) covered in carpet from an auto trimmer. Carpet was $15. It holds a pair of precision response 6*9s - $102 worth. It was a pretty easy part of the project, and if anyone needs tips just ask! Pic 5-6 is of the parcel shelf.

6. Amp
Here is my amp, a 4*50wRMS Precision response. It was $146, and for that price I am very happy with its performance! Pics 7-8 are of the amp. (they are in the next post

I also paid $80 for a wiring kit (JB HIFI again), so my total expenditure was $1003. I also used wiring adapters, so grand total is $1023. I think that this is a pretty awesome price for the performance I get out of them!

Attachments

• HU.JPG
    HU.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 767
  • spacerafter.JPG
    spacerafter.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 649
  • door pod.JPG
    door pod.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 738
  • centre console.JPG
    centre console.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 1,046
  • inside rear 2.JPG
    inside rear 2.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 737
  • rear.JPG
    rear.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 539

jack.mc

Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
now my amp pics. The amp is mounted to the bottom of the parcel shelf, with some rubber grommets and conduit + nuts and bolts. No vibration whatsoever, and plenty of airflow.

Attachments

• amp.JPG
    amp.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 746
  • amp2.JPG
    amp2.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 591
  • amp2.JPG
    amp2.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 495

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Looks like a pretty neat install, amp seems to be installed pretty well and is pretty neat. I like the way you've run the cable to your ipod through the centre console too. But what is that in the first amp pic? your arm?

cunners3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VSII Wagon
Nice looking unit - and a good price too!
Just an idea for your remote, i've got my pioneer remote velcro'd to the space next to the handbrake facing the unit, it should work there and that way u don't have to pull it out to use it!
Just an idea, but I love your idea of the shelf, looks tight!

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
or you could stick bits of velcro to it, so it sticks to your headlining

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
LOL...I always used to make a little bracket and install it on my steering wheel :)

Well Done Jack, give yourself a pat on the back for presentation.

jack.mc

Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
thanks a lot guys! yeah, that is my arm in the pic - its pretty hard to get a photo inside a boot from that angle! I thought about velroing the remote, but i like the stealth look, so its nice to hide it away...

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
now i can see it. It looks pretty wiers at first, but i can see it now. You wouldnt happen to work at bunnings, would you?? :p

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
semi said:
or you could stick bits of velcro to it, so it sticks to your headlining
yup and after a few months your headlining where the remote is stuck will be fluffy!