Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New Stereo (first time too!)

S-Pac_Sam

Constantly Sideways!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S V6 Manual
I'm about to embark on a similar stereo install into my VS Sedan (differences are i have a DEH6750MP head unit and im using the Response 2x150 amp to run a 400Wrms 800W peak Pioneer Sub) im looking for splits at the front, i had Clarion 6" splits i was gonna transfer over from my old car but my mate who bought the car wanted to buy them off me, how do u rate the response splits? where did u mount the tweeters? Im debating what speakers to use as fill for the rear channel. (i bought the car stock as with stock stereo system)

You say u used the clutch grommet to run the Amp power wire through, my commodore is manual, anybody know where i can run my amp wire through?

Last edited:

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
run it through the ecu loom hole in the f/wall or drill a new hole.

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
I found a grommet in the firewall behind the brake booster, not sure what the cable is going through it but it comes down into the fuse area under the steering wheel, worked out nicely for me too:)
I can try get a pic for you if you want, but dunno how good it will turn out, let me know

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
S-Pac_Sam said:
yeah a pic would be great thanks Nick88.

garfa i would have thought a power cable going near ECU wiring would cause interference
just an idea i heard from anyother user here. he doesnt have any problems. i would drill another hole. keep the cable in a straight run;)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
the BCM and PCM are heavily shielded so the power cable wont cause any problems there. Meaning nothing gets in and nothing gets out into higher voltage wiring.

Both modules are generally controlled by power lines that are below 12 Volts.

phree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Acclaim
sorry wrong thread....my bad.

Ygoford

YGOFORD?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr
you've put ur ideas together and i guess its what u like that counts so i give u a a for effort but its still pretty basic i dun like what u did witht he parcell shelf either dun like the straight look hmm i'll get some pictures of my set up here soon so u can critisie me back ok :D cya

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
mr_l_commodore said:
you've put ur ideas together and i guess its what u like that counts so i give u a a for effort but its still pretty basic i dun like what u did witht he parcell shelf either dun like the straight look hmm i'll get some pictures of my set up here soon so u can critisie me back ok :D cya

yep, the straight look is what I was after. But compared to others on here I know it looks plain and boring! Yeah, post pics :D

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Neat install mate, like what you've done with the amp. Sick head unit too. Get the door pods trimmed with the checkered fabric too like what Subdues done I reckon :yeah: