Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new SV6 Ute

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Hi there,
I've been a member for a little while now, however I haven't made much of a contribution to the forum. I thought I would kick off by showing off my pride and joy.
I saved my arse off for this car, originally I had a VT, had that for a few months, then upgraded to the ute just before series 2 came out.

Name: James
Model: 2010 VE SV6 Ute
Colour: Voodoo Blue
Bodykit: Standard
Engine Type: 3.6L SIDI
Engine Mods: Standard
Exhaust: Standard with OPG rear mufflers
Gearbox: 6 Speed Auto
Brakes: Standard
Suspension: Bilstein Shocks and H&R Springs

Future Mods:
20inch Wheels (not sure what design)
CAI
Extractors and cats
Speakers/sound system
DRL Headlights

Attachments

• SDC10802.jpg
    SDC10802.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 558
  • SDC10906.jpg
    SDC10906.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 647
  • SDC10905.jpg
    SDC10905.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 516
T

tommySV6Ute

Jim

Who did you get the mufflers through & have you got an audio/video clip of their sound?

Ayden450

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo
You can get em off ebay for 500$, easy to install. Ive had them on for about 2 months and they're pretty loud. They have some drone and are borderline fart cannons. Im looking at getting xforce 2.25 exhaust put in after i thought i could get away with a cheap ebay solution.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
TommySV6Ute, as mentioned before, I got the mufflers off eBay for $460 from Original Parts Group.
This isn't my car, but here's a vid of them...
YouTube - SIDI SV6 with OPG Quad 3" Mufflers
They look pretty good, but as previously said, they're rather loud, but while cruising on the freeway and such the noise level isn't much greater than stock.
When at idle you can hardly tell from inside or out that the exhaust is different, but once you give it a boot full it's very loud, but it sounds good for a 6. There is drone between 1900-2500ish rpm.

Thanks rusty, the sports bars do look good, it's funny, I've had people pull up next to me at the lights and ask about the bar :)

Last edited:
T

tommySV6Ute

Thanks Jim.

A mate bought Magnaflow mufflers, they are a lot more mellow in the audio department but he did describe a noticeable low end increase while driving.

Still trying to find what I want.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Yeah it took me a while to decide what I wanted, mufflers, cat back, brand all that.
Sorta wish I saved a little more and got a cat back system, but at the same time I've heard just replacing the rear mufflers is enough on the stock system.
I like the look and sound of the Hurricane mufflers, but haven't been able to find them, only seen them in youtube vids.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
So I finally got around to putting 20inch rims on the car, got them with tyres off a mate for $2200, tyres are pretty much brand new, so I couldn't turn down the offer, got a few good pics of it today.

Please, no negative comments about the grille, if you don't like it, don't comment :)

Attachments

• SDC10915.jpg
    SDC10915.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 381
  • SDC10918.jpg
    SDC10918.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 238