Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My [NEW TOY] VE SSV G8

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
About time;)
Nah looks sweet Hama, are those mods what you've done or what it came with? Either way good start so far.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Looks clean. Not sure on the bonnet though.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Looking good man , was hard keeping it a secret for so long .

BTW needs to be lowered ;)

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
about f**kin time hama.

need a video of the exhaust, im keen to hear. also how does the new front bumper clear covers look?

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Hama! This thing looks insane! Very jealous mate...
Looks clean as anything and considering the way your VS was done I'm sure this thing will stay mickey mouse!
Can't wait to see what you do to her champ...

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Top stuff nackers, keen to hear her next PM meet. Stunning bud

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Is that a SS with the Chev bonnet (hood) and Chev grill, to be honest I thing the Commodore front looks better than the Chev.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Bout time Hama. Looks awesome bud. We need zorst vid.

Zorst' vid will be coming soon :)

Looks good, don't change to aftermarket wheels though, looks clean the way it is.

When I change it'll be for some nice Euro style dish wheels, simple and classy. I'm a picky ####er and won't buy anything till i've considered every wheel on the planet lol

Looks mint man !

Did any of the member on here know what it was before the meet?

Kinng

Yeah for the first 8 months or so it was only Hozy, Jecs, Hak and then Sabbath, ari, Grennan, Reap, AirStrike, minux, some guy all found out. By then it was only really a secret for any of the other VIC members and everyone else in cb lol.

About time;)
Nah looks sweet Hama, are those mods what you've done or what it came with? Either way good start so far.

Anything that starts with a ' - ' is a mod I have done. Everything else is OEM.

Looks clean. Not sure on the bonnet though.

Bonnet suits the aggressive look of the car, they are actually straight through vents so it's not a purely cosmetic thing, air is flowing through into the bay.

Looking good man , was hard keeping it a secret for so long .

BTW needs to be lowered ;)

Yeah was hard. Was harder still driving a basic VS for 16 months knowing I was getting this bad boy.

about f**kin time hama.

need a video of the exhaust, im keen to hear. also how does the new front bumper clear covers look?

Hahaha, yeah was a bit cbf on the thread for a while.
Will get a vid of the exhaust up soon. Clear bumper lights were meant to go on last weekend but I had a massive case of cbf's and went and worked on my 4Runner instead LOL.

G8 rear diffuser, clear bumper lights are among the parts in the garage waiting to go on lol. Was meant to buy a ripshifter this week but shelled out $800 on 33" Muddies instead (good deal and helped a mate out)

Hama! This thing looks insane! Very jealous mate...
Looks clean as anything and considering the way your VS was done I'm sure this thing will stay mickey mouse!
Can't wait to see what you do to her champ...

Haha thanks big boy! Yeah this will be done clean and classy like the VS. That's my style :)

Top stuff nackers, keen to hear her next PM meet. Stunning bud

Thanks brother! She'll be there, and she will make her presence known :)

Is that a SS with the Chev bonnet (hood) and Chev grill, to be honest I thing the Commodore front looks better than the Chev.

eeeerrrr, No. This car has absolutely no resemblence or ties to Chevrolet. It's a Pontiac Export.

Holden signed an export deal back in 2007 with Pontiac who would sell the VE SSV in America in LHD as the Pontiac G8 GT, G8 GXP (similar driveline to HSV's with the 6.2) and the G6 (with the alloytec V6). When Pontiac shut down in the GFC in mid 2009, Holden had a whole bunch of Pontiac parts left over from the export department. Thus they decided to release a limited run of VE SSV SE (Special Editions) which came fully optioned up with all the Pontiac gear on them. 500 Sedans, 500 utes and 500 wagons were made Australia wide.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Jealous, oh so jealous.
Can't wait to see where it goes from here, becasue as was said, seeing how clean the VS was this is surely to be a mint car.

much love/respect bro <3