Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new VE II sv6 ute (phantom) :)

RedhotThunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE Thunder Sv6
Yeah I'd have to stay keep it how it is, maybe wrap a matching red strip down the side, like how the black edition HSVs have that black strip down the side? Just a thought, maybe be nice to tinny and get him to photoshop it :p.

A certain maloo pops into mind from the Street Commodores magazine (not a feature car) that is showcased for an add on one of the pages. Is full black but the rims have a bit of dish and the dish is painted gloss red. That looked absolutely amazing, couldn't find a pic to show you.

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
Yeah I'd have to stay keep it how it is, maybe wrap a matching red strip down the side, like how the black edition HSVs have that black strip down the side? Just a thought, maybe be nice to tinny and get him to photoshop it :p.

A certain maloo pops into mind from the Street Commodores magazine (not a feature car) that is showcased for an add on one of the pages. Is full black but the rims have a bit of dish and the dish is painted gloss red. That looked absolutely amazing, couldn't find a pic to show you.

ah ok bro yer im a fan of red and black on cars love it

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
suggestions mate? and also what i can do to get rid of swirls etc

suggestions for tyre shine? Are you far from Tullamarine? Failing that, a good water based dressing - won't eat into and dry out the rubber like petroleum based dressings. I like OPT opti-bond gel or the sprayable version (easier). Honestly not a fan of any that are in shops like repco,etc - they all look cheap and nasty.

As for removing swirls... machine polishing is the only way. You can do it yourself and I can run through with you how - or take it to Mitch at Immaculate Reflections in Knoxfield and have a chat. He's a good guy and will run through a few options with you.

There are a few products that do a very good job at hiding swirls but they will all wash out within a couple of months.

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
suggestions for tyre shine? Are you far from Tullamarine? Failing that, a good water based dressing - won't eat into and dry out the rubber like petroleum based dressings. I like OPT opti-bond gel or the sprayable version (easier). Honestly not a fan of any that are in shops like repco,etc - they all look cheap and nasty.

As for removing swirls... machine polishing is the only way. You can do it yourself and I can run through with you how - or take it to Mitch at Immaculate Reflections in Knoxfield and have a chat. He's a good guy and will run through a few options with you.

There are a few products that do a very good job at hiding swirls but they will all wash out within a couple of months.

yer bro like 10 minutes from tulla how come? and sweet ill look in mitch at immaculate reflections thanks tinny

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
check out a shop in tullamarine called Waxit ( Waxit - Premium Car Care Australia ) - Swissvax Pneu or even poorboys bold n bright look good on tyres. The opti tyre dressings are still my favourite - can pick them up through ZAS Car Detailing Products : Car Cleaning, Car Wax, Car Polish, Car Polishers, Wholesale Car Care Products

Or you can go through sponsor CCP - Autobrite gel or duragloss 253 would be the pick there.

thanks mate your a gold mine when it comes to cleaning cars

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack