Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new VE II sv6 ute (phantom) :)

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
51cda62a.jpg

eb84e7bb.jpg

c96e3c70.jpg

My Walky mats and sill plates and the front after a wash

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I like the sill plates a lot.. very classy.

That water spotting will etch in if you don't clear it up. If you have a quick detail spray, just give it a wipe over and that will clear it up (white spots around the sill plate)

The S2 front end looks fantastic in black! Got some good reflections going on there too! Nice.

rusty411

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series II Sv6 3.6L ute
thanks mate yer i just went and gave em a rub down all gone now :).
yer i love the sill plates as well stopes it from getten scratched as well and as u said
adds a bit of class. as for the front end, took me long enough to get it to that, never the less
enjoyed making it look nice and shiny

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Don't try and buff the adhesive - it will just make whatever you're using to buff it stick to the paint. You need to try and remove the adhesive either chemically or with some clay. But being as new as it is, you might find that if you rub your thumb (skin, not nail) over the adhesive it will be soft enough to just roll up like blutack. Fishing line or dental floss will work fine. If it's cold out, maybe warm it up with a hair dryer first - that can help to soften the adhesive. Once you're done, wipe over it with some IPA if you have it and put some wax on it (obviously won't be any wax under the badges from factory)