Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new VE II sv6 ute (phantom) :)

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Looks good mate. I want to paint my front badge as well but not sure how to get the badge out of the grill. Dont wanna have to pull the whole grill out.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Looks good mate. I want to paint my front badge as well but not sure how to get the badge out of the grill. Dont wanna have to pull the whole grill out.

Use a hairdryer on it to soften the adhesive then just work some dental floss or fishing line (whatever you have) behind the badge until it pops off. To reattach, just line it up with the impression on the grille. If it's a new (or near new car) you probably won't need the hair dryer.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Don't know. Is it? I just lifted the edges up on mine and it feels like adhesive. I've not had a front one off before. If the dental floss moves freely under it, then yes, it's clipped - just pull it carefully so you don't snap it. Feels too firm for clips though to me - could be wrong though. I'll be painting the whole grille on mine, so no need to remove it.