Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New VL! (first car)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Nice pickup, very nice first car.
Is the oxidation on the lights inside or outside? If the reflectors inside the lights are still nice and shiny, then you can get the outside of them looking like new with a kit made for the job for SCA, or even do as I used to do with my old EL Fairmont and just buff em up with a fine cutting compound. That will make a difference to how much light they throw too, as well as looking nicer. (I am assuming the lights are plastic, I have no knowledge of VLs lol)

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Clean VL Mate, keep her looking nice don't do anything over the top. Keep her clean and keep that classic VL Look Alive !

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
Oh another thing. Look for a full calais boot carpet. It covers the spare wheel, opposite side and also the back of the tailights. It looks a million times better. But i found them a bit hard to come by

Calais boot carpet sounds awesome, i like the fact that it covers everything. I would imagine it would be insanley hard to find though..
haha, And yeah man, I'll look into the head lights! cheers for that too bro!

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
Clean VL Mate, keep her looking nice don't do anything over the top. Keep her clean and keep that classic VL Look Alive !

Cheers mate! yeah i was planning to keep it original, Just minor changes. None of that rice cannon bullshit! haha

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
Nice pickup, very nice first car.
Is the oxidation on the lights inside or outside? If the reflectors inside the lights are still nice and shiny, then you can get the outside of them looking like new with a kit made for the job for SCA, or even do as I used to do with my old EL Fairmont and just buff em up with a fine cutting compound. That will make a difference to how much light they throw too, as well as looking nicer. (I am assuming the lights are plastic, I have no knowledge of VLs lol)

Cheers bud!
Ahh yeah, good idea man, That would be alot cheaper haha.
Thanks for the tip! will try it out.

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
Get berlina door trims. Unless you want to follow the calais theme and get those (not a fan of VL Calais trims)

Yeah man, They look real nice,
But i spose i'll get that sort of stuff over time.
Thanks for the suggestion!