Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new VL!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
*************NEW PICS AT THE TOP!!!!!!!!!!!************

So I finally got my 87' VL LS but my net ran out and I have to wait until it re-caps, but i'm at my folk's place using their interwebz so i'll post up a couple of pics I managed to take before this epic rain started. It's a typical 1987 VL LS Commodore, has a few things done to it from the previous owner such as lowered Pedders Suspension, 17 inch SS rims painted satin black, bumpers have been painted black as have the badges, and also the seats have been re-trimmed, ummm oh also 6x9's in the parcel shelf (Really dodgy I might add), and also a JVC head unit w/ USB + iPod compatibility. No speakers in the front though :( I had to get a new tip welded on the exhaust as the old one seems to have broken off, so I got a standard piece of 2" pipe welded on but i'm scouring the market for either headers, or a 2 1/4" cat-back system, though I don't know if any exhausts can be used from other models. My mechanic reckons it's the cleanest & best conditioned one he's seen, and he's seen a fair few come by. Only 160,000 on the ticker, too!

Piccies:

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

21aiu4x.jpg

zn6lxy.jpg

2j51hzr.jpg

14mc4n8.jpg

11c8vir.jpg

bex8rb.jpg

Last edited:

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
not bad.

looks like a respray to me i can see the orange peel on the bonnet still looks neat....

if it was mine id change bumper colour andthats it

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
i agree with bow, spray the bumpers the same colour as the car
looks good though :)

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
Just quietly, you need to rotate the front wheels left to right, your currently driving on directionals on backwards.. i can imagine it feels a bit odd in the front end

only that that,Nice clean vl matey!

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
yes nice vl, lke to see some pics of the interior. the chrome strips around the wheel arches look good too.

Attachments

• 11c8vir.jpg
    11c8vir.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 320

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
nice kms for a vl. its a SL not a LS commodore to just to say. as already said id either colour code the bumper or go silver. and either rip the badges off or hit them with a white marker to make them stand out more.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
hey mate, looks really clean. Is it auto or manual? I'd have to agree with everyone else on the silver bumpers though. Also food for thought. Some calais tailights would look good. I hate the look of the sl/executive ones. And just paint your garnish black instead of getting a calais one or get a calais one if you like. I just have the calais tailights with a gloss black garnish and it looks good

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I just had a look at my tyres and the arrows are all pointing forwards :/ But to answer a few questions, yeah it's had a respray, looks pretty decent unless you look really close lol but half the time she's too dirty to notice :p Sorry about getting SL mixed with LS haha, I was using my phone at the time. I've thought about respraying the bumpers, I might have to do a quick photoshop to see how it would look with either silver or same-colour bumpers.

Also, my mate has a set of Calais tail lights for me next time he's down from Ipswitch so i'll be putting them on as he bought some new ones to black out and doesn't want the other pair

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
AUTO OR MANUEL! :p Would look much better silver rather then brown imo mate. Also if your getting the lights for free and if there are in good condition your saving yourself $100+ , Paint your garnish black if you get the tailights aswell, will look much better then grey. You could buy a calais rear garnish but it will have calais written on it. So its up to you :thumbs up: goodluck and keep us updated man

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Not being rude but as per this pic... The front left tyre/rim should be on the right hand side I think?

Other than that not bad :D

21aiu4x.jpg