Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new VL!

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
OHHH haha I think I took this pic before my mechanic had it for a service cos' he mentioned that he had to swap some tyres around >_< But it's sorted now haha

Is there any way to remove the "Calais" from the calais garnish?

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
I think you can take it off but the strips don't continue behind the badge. If your getting it for free definatly take it, brand new ones go for somthing stupid like 160 bucks just for the garnish. If your not getting the garnish for free i wouldnt buy one unless you get a good deal

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Oh yeah, yeah I guess it'll look good with the new lights even if the garnish doesn't come with it. Either way i'm not too fussed just yet about the way it looks, though if an offer comes up i'll take it :p

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
AUTO OR MANUEL!
Manual u mean

Read his Sig................. its Auto bloke

Hey man looks the goods.
I agree with bumpers color id go Asteroid Silver and as stated black garnish, Tinted windows as well
Whats your plans for this car?

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Manual u mean

Read his Sig................. its Auto bloke

Hey man looks the goods.
I agree with bumpers color id go Asteroid Silver and as stated black garnish, Tinted windows as well
Whats your plans for this car?

Yeah i'm getting Midnight Express tint from tint-a-car as my girlfriend works at Supercheap Auto and they get mega discounts, like i got quoted $350 for midnight express but her boss said if I book through supercheap with her discount, it'd end up being $272 :D

As for plans, pretty much the repainted bumper/garnish, apart from that i'm not too sure yet, going from a 1.8 Silvia coupe to a 3.0 sedan still makes me appreciate the power, although I think alot of you will argue 3.0 is still weak :p But yeah, no idea so far, there's a few things I want to fix, like the window inserts (Can't remember the name of them, the rubbers that the windows slide up inside the door frame) because they're all retarded, maybe paint the drums in the rear & also look into a rear disc conversion if it's worth while, i've already got a new steering wheel out of my ute so i'm waiting on the boss kit from Autobarn so I can fit it, stupid bus drivers wheel lol, oh and also a new parcel shelf cos' mines rooted :( Speaking of which, anyone got any ideas on the parcel shelf as the stock one isn't plain flat, it sort of goes up at the rear (under the winsow), so if I just cut the same shape into MDF or Masonite, will it still fit or will there be gaps anywhere?

Also, I have taken more pics I swear haha just too lazy to get my iPhone cable and upload them :p I will though!

Oh and also my bonnet release lever cable thing is stretched so when I "pop the hood" yo dawg homie someone has to be pushing down at the front of the car otherwise it doesn't release, but I think the cable just needs replaced inside.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
give the bonnet catch mechanism a hit with some inox/rp7/wd40 and c how u go.

I recommend the rear disk conversion. u can do it quite cheaply. have a look in "my ride" thread in my sig. there is a how to on this,
goodluck with everything man. yeah the rb30 n/a is gutless till u turbs it up :p then their a weapon

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
give the bonnet catch mechanism a hit with some inox/rp7/wd40 and c how u go.

I recommend the rear disk conversion. u can do it quite cheaply. have a look in "my ride" thread in my sig. there is a how to on this,
goodluck with everything man. yeah the rb30 n/a is gutless till u turbs it up :p then their a weapon

I heard there were different series engines made for these cars, like a 1 and a 2 or something, and it's possible to have a series 2 NA with the same connection points for installing a turbo as a stock turbo one?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Oh and also my bonnet release lever cable thing is stretched so when I "pop the hood" yo dawg homie someone has to be pushing down at the front of the car otherwise it doesn't release, but I think the cable just needs replaced inside.

All I do is pull my bonnet lever and hit the bonnet works everytime HAHA:idea3: