Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new VL!

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
the parcel shelf cut out of mdf will sit nicely just under the rear windscreen rubber with out any gaps, they work pretty well, if you cover them with some material they look good too. you can bolt them down using the child restraint anchors in the rear shelf.
your bonnet catch may just need oiling to make it work properly, or adjust it up or down - lift the bonnet up and look at the large locking pin (with the spring around it) it has a slot in the end of it, that you place a large flathead screw driver in and turn it, you can tighten it or loosen it depending on the adjustment required, adjust it one way it will become easier or harder to open it and vise versa, when adjusting it either way you will need to keep checking the hieght of the bonnet to top of the nosecone.

harley james!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman Series II
Nice and clean, but yeah again, the bumpers aren't my thing!

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
I heard there were different series engines made for these cars, like a 1 and a 2 or something, and it's possible to have a series 2 NA with the same connection points for installing a turbo as a stock turbo one?

yes thats correct mate.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Mr_VX, if for example, mine was a series 2, how hard is a turbo install? If you know, of course haha

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
its the same to install a turbo on it as it is to install a turbo on a a8 turbo motor

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
same as A6 (N/A) but dished pistons for less compression, cam was different by something like 5degrees (more exhaust to feed turbo) and oil pump had more volume. other than that they r the same.

No such thing really as series 1 and 2 just what we all go on to identify. later vl's came with tapped blocks for oil return and oil feed and water feed for turbo on the hot side of the engine.

RobboVl

VL REPPIN'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commodore
Looks clean as hell man, Done about the same k's as mine :D
just fix up them dodgy speakers and put some carpet around them and it'll be sweet. :D
Oh, And the badges look god painted black i reckon.