Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Vn 5L..

Renno

Home Of The Shiny Tank
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
renno can i ask you have u done any work to your motor if so what sort of am?

Nah mate my motor is stock as a rock!

Just slapped a highflow cat and 3inch catback on (already had HSV extractors on it when i got it...but ill put some pacies on oneday). Bumped the timing up to 14degrees (runnning atleast 95 RON) and turfed the clutch fan for twin thermos.....Its not that fast, but it beats some 5L here and there :) lol....

Last edited:

richie351

statesman driver n luv it
Reaction score
Members Ride
VRcommodore
hey guys new update....
Made i dick of me self tonight ... after football match.. few cars carved up in the gravel.. peer group pressure ..and was dumb and done a small dough nut on the gravel as i left... and the cops cought up with me before and done me for dangerous driving and impounded my car for one week and got a summons to go to court .. and it will look like i am going to loose my licence for 1 year.... biggest mistake i have made ...

so new plan when i get my car back next wensday i will pull the engine out and spend some money on it while i have no licence.. new cam and so on....

richie351

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRcommodore
hey everyone... i thinking about putting the vn 5l up for sale ganna down size to v6 manual do to moving to qld... any interest give me a message thanks guys

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Wicked another white vn with a white garnish :D I'm not the only one....... :)

No one normally does it

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
nice ride,

a 75mm throttle body though ? :s

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Cause it looks wack :)

It looks good it suits my car and his what the fark is black on the car??? Just like all the vic boys having white with black bumpers looks gay on some.......

richie351

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRcommodore
nice ride,

a 75mm throttle body though ? :s

yeah man i dont know i brought it with it on it the owner told me it has 75mm throttle body on it... anyway
the vn is up for sale.. i may be swapping it for a vr v6 manual..
i was in the middle of organising a swap for a vr v6 manual with stage 3 race engine with stage 2 racing gear box.. with a sc14 supercharger making 280kw.... but that fell through due to owner had someone offer them cash..

so organising another vr v6 manual and already got a intercooled sc14 supercharger:thumbsup:.. in the middle of organising someone to help me with the set up.. already found a smaller pulley on JC for sale:D.. so waiting for a reply ..
apart from that i gotta wait until my dad is free from work to travel down to perth and do the swap :bang: wait to go there now .. but dad wants to come with me and check out the vr make sure i am not swapping my good vn 5l for a piece of junk that has been thrashed... but from what i have heard from the owner it barely gets driven.. and regularry serviced.. but people do say some stuff just to sell something...

anyone know anything about setting up a sc14 supercharger on a vr ecotec.. please let me know thanks