Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my new VN

kjr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum, just bought myself a VN commodore, have a few pictures of it,I need to do a few things on it to "complete" it to the point I am satisfied, like take it back to stock (its very very lowered due to previous owner) also want to get tinted windows, I have mag wheels, just havent put them on yet, need new rubber for two of them.... I paid $1,800 for it, with 6 months rego, 12inch subs, amplifier etc, I thought it was an ok deal, the car is in pretty good condition!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Looks pretty good mate.
Good luck with your future mods.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Pritty low, chopped springs? or done properly?

With some work she will come up a treat, maybe take those roof-racks off.. and do some color coding, mirrors ect.

Good luck mate.

Get the primer, touch up paint and start color coding ;)

kjr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN
The roof racks are going, haha, but the bolts keeping them on are "security allen keys" basically an allen key with a hole in the centre, so noone can come along with a normal one and just take them off..which sucks, because I can't find these allen keys anywhere! apparently repco sell them, but in a toolkit with all other stuff, which I dont need/want. my boyfriend thinks theyre great to carry stuff around on, he wants them to stay on, but ive firmly planted my foot "my car, my rules" if/when we need to lug stuff around I can easily put them back on.

kjr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN
Pritty low, chopped springs? or done properly?

Chopped springs :( its actually caused a huge dint in the sump, I had it at the mechanics trhe other day, he was putting in a new O2 sensor, when we looked under it..shiiiiit, the hugest dent he'd ever seen on a car he said..its massive, so I need to get a new sump too, apparently theyre only $30, but the problem is to put it on the engine may need to be either raised while its being put on, or dropped..which would be alot of labor for a mechanic to do it... I have stock springs, going to put them on soon, the mechanic was going to do it for me but wanted $160, I thought if it is easy enough I can get my boyfriend to do it for me, won't have to spend $160 then, and I can put it towards getting something else for the car..!

kjr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN
I also want to get it resprayed eventually (White again, but a nicer white, over time with age mine has turned cream) anyone in sydney know anyone that does nice resprays at a nice price?

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
he might have trouble putting the front springs in unless he hires a spring compressor.

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
i beat you 1991 Vn2nV :p