Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my new VR Calais has issues...need help

baby_girl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
Put my new VR Calais in for a new auto and picked it up today.

When I collected the car he said that the battery had gone flat and they had charged it.

When I left the work shop the car indicated that it needed fuel. Even tho I’d put ¼ a tank in before dropping it in for the new box. I drove around the corner put $20 in it and left. After leaving the fuel station the car registered ½ a tank of fuel. So I’m assuming at $1.47Lt the initial reading was not correct.

About 4km or so down the road I turned the radio one and lost all power a short time later about 100 or 200m up the road. When the car shut down there was no lights, dash lights, check engine etc. nothing.

Upon trying to restart the car it seemed like the battery was not quiet flat but lacking power to turn over, it had dash lights etc. but died after 4 or 5 cranks. A jump pack was used with no avail, again had dash lights etc. but not enough to get the car stated.

So it was towed home :cry:

Once she was unloaded we tried a spare battery. The car had lights, windows etc. but just would not start.

So took another battery with full charge out of another car and put it in. this time we had no power to the dash, no lights etc. the only thing that indicated the car had any power was the alarm light was ON but not flashing like normal. Just ON. The windows will not go up and the key will not respond to the car at all. :censored:

ANY IDEAS

PROBLEM?

umadbro?
Reaction score
Members Ride
commo
pm sent i have a fair idea.

sleepinvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
99" vt berlina
all i can think of is an earth problem.......did an engine swap once, and it did this once...battery charger wouldnt even give it enough charge to turn over in 6 hours..used a HEAVY duty kit, and started straight up....turned out to be a loose earth wire, heavy duty pack must have been enough to arc the power between the loose cable

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Mate to be on the safe side also check the main power wire to the alternator if it looks a bit dodgy get it replaced its a common problem with the VN -VS and it will save you from a lot of hassles in the future