Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new VR SS (few pics)

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
Whos car did I put down? pretty much all my posts that ive made to do with that ive complemented their car. I dont care if you dont like my car, I do and you shouldnt post in a thread of a car you dont like.

bittsa

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VR acclaim
wow.. its gettin hot in here! was quite impressed by that read out. made me cringe when i though just how much my stock V6 isnt making, blown head gasket and all. i really like the kit, im not a purist, so i go with anything that looks good (not a fan of the wing, but the only car that looks good with any wing is a supra.) i had a set of white 17's on my commy that would have looked shmicko on that, but i palmed them off for 200 bucks. i wouldnt bother changing much its a tidy lookin beast.

Ellie

Yes...i like pink
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VR Ute
Whos car did I put down? pretty much all my posts that ive made to do with that ive complemented their car. I dont care if you dont like my car, I do and you shouldnt post in a thread of a car you dont like.

I have a feeling he is referring to myself and my car...

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
Yeah thought so, dunno why because I like the way your car looks I stated that, and I also stated that it just needed some powa no insults..

BTW I seen your car in SC in December issue, nice but I wanna see your partners car :D

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Nice ride, even if its got personaliy issues, I`m a clubby arn`t I arn`t I...lol.
that read out is it for rear-wheel or fly-wheel? if its fly wheel then its safe to say its a 165kw
though witha 3" and a CAI it should be more than that?even if it hasn`t been tuned for it maybe some new spark plugs, leads , rotor button and dizzy cap to restore some KW`s.
then a foamy tune to put you in the 200kw range.

hq-racing

HSVR-28
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 DAILY, WORKED VR CLUBSPORT WAGON PROJECT
Yea the ss came out wit an option of the 185 motor..
my mates got a vr ss wit the 185 in it.. power out put is diffently coz of the 3inch exhaust.. there more noise than good on a standard 5.0..
nice car outa wise..

CHECK MY RIDES... CLICK LINK BELOW...

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/members/hq-racing.html

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Oh i've just seen it has a sunroof. That means it might not even have the 185 extra's. Even just a sunroof will get you an 'enhanced' plate.

Check with HSV as to weather it got the 185 extra's.

Last edited:

hq-racing

HSVR-28
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 DAILY, WORKED VR CLUBSPORT WAGON PROJECT
Last edited:

89 vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Exec, 94 VR SS
Ive got all the badges (engine) so if it has 165 and im getting just under 200rwhp with just an exhaust it must be a decent 165. its about 144rwkw

even if the hsv stuff is faked, its still an SS that was all i was after when i went lookin for a car
I dunno the full options but it has: cruise control, sunroof, hsv cai and badges. the last owner was some 23 year old who only thrashed it on the weekends and was always garaged. I doubt someone would go to the trouble

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
My car with an exhaust and CAI had about that aswell. Up to 160 with the manual conversion.

I'm not saying its fake, only HSV will tell you what options it had fitted, if any. But to be HSV enhanced, they could just fit a sunroof, or a whole pack (the performance one)