Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New VR :)

brent69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
yeah truee, i was thinking of getting this installed looks sweet :p YouTube - VT BLUE CLUSTER cause i need a new dashboard because my petrol gauge and coolant guage that tells the temperature is fkd.. mines already lowered haha so not too sure what to get apart from the exhaust mags and bodykit could i get that dash in a VR though? :p

brent69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
any chance anyone could tell me what an ECU is? or where i can check for a power chip just to make sure if it has/doesnt have one so i know wether to buy one or not :)
thanks.

tekkado

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
ecu is like the brain of the car but i got no idea where or how to check try google? i imagine itd be pretty uniform across the line and with the dash do you mean just a new one? try the wreckers or something

brent69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
yeah i know its the brain lol just dont know where it is :p and yeah a new dash but with like the lights my one is the original VR one and doesnt have anything digital whereas that one has like 3 blue digital bits at the bottom of the dash

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
The ECU is on the passengers side , under the kick pannel thats on the side around where your left foot would be

brent69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
thanks man appreciated, also can u reccomend me anything that i should buy and get done to the VR to help with performance, looks etc?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
I can recommend buying another motor, stripping it down and rebuilding for when your off your P's so you have one mean ass V6 or V8 which can be turbo or supercharged.

brent69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
any reccomendations on where to get a good commodore low kms and newer models? dads going to take that commodore and im going to take out a loan and buy a newer one since it has too many problems