Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New VR :)

brent69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hey guys just wondering i bought my VR today its got quite a bit of things i have to do to get it right but all the basics are fine,

I just wanted to know how i can check if it has a power chip in it? because the guy who sold it to me said it has one and im just wondering where to look just to make sure.

Also its LPG, how much would i be looking at to put it back to petrol, seeying as even though it would be saving me money im not really fussed and the fuel gage kind of plays up having it on LPG as well as not getting as much Kms and power as with just petrol.

And lastly just wondering what site I can go on to find parts as it will probly need a new auto transmission box, a new odometer as it just recently stopped, and probly a new dashboard in general as the fuel gage and the cold/hot gage is fried.. other than that the car has been serviced, has 4 new tyres, runs really well and has no noticeable problems except in the inside of the car, payed $2,500 but got 1 years REGO and the roadworthy its a 1993 vr exec, few pics below (sorry its night and dark but better than nothing!)

interioir.jpg

img0042gm.jpg

wheelz.jpg

Thanks for your help guys!

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
lookin nicee :)

Looks like its an X-cop cop car.. with that Cluster in it ;p

(I belive all X-cop cars VR VS had that style of cluster? )

brent69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
haha cheers, nah isnt an x-cop car because i bought it off a mate who had it for 6 years then he bought it off some old woman who had it since it was brand new so there you go lol,
anyone know any cheap places to get the LPG taken out and completely removed, and also any places for after market and good looking tail lights? looking to get different lighting on it because theres so many commodores out there and i want mine to stand out :p also the odometer is fried and stuck at 235648 and wont move as well as the cold/hot temp gauge and the fuel gauge is a bit dodgy cause of the dual fuel system.
cheers guys :)

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
looks clean champ ,

in regards to your questions

1, no such thing as a "power chip" . you can get memcals with edited tunes on it , only way to check would be to open the ecu and see if the memcal has a sticker on it saying someone has tuned it

2, no idea , probly like $500-600

3, Try ebay or wreckers (depends on where your from)

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
yeah looking good man, good to hear you wanna get rid of the gas

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina

brent69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
thanks for all your help everyone really appreciated and im not just here to post 1 topic about **** then leave il be active here now cause its my first car and i want and need to learn everything i can about it haha,
have you guys got any reccomedations in terms of what i should do to the car, eg. interior/exterior, cool mods, etc for a P plater?
cheers.

tekkado

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
hey man im in exactly the same boat as you
on my ps, first car, and hungry for knowledge (and skills?) lol
but gameplan for my vs is to lower it, catback exhaust, some mags, and maybe a bodykit nothing crazy oh and cover the interior with faux leather (thats a big maybe its cheap enough though)