Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My New VT II Berlina V6

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Hey thank you very much:).
I was having a gander at your car, You been through the wars there, Come out mint in the end, Looks better then a VX SS, And amazing to think it started life as a VT1 :eek:.

Cheers bud, you all of people would know that you've gotta hope for the best when stabbing in the dark lol....

lol, under all the new paint and panels it still holds the heart of a gutless wonder!

So any plans for your beast? or just relax now that she's legal and in one piece?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I was told by my panel beater to relax now and enjoy the car.
That lasted a good day:D, The sticker wasn't dry when i got the International fascia Vents dash face dial put in the car, I didn't even wait for the reg to get blue led's for the trip computer:D.

At the moment i want to get it running right, It's been a little off down low, Very minor but it did sit for a very long time, Done the leads plugs 2nd coil pack, Get the injectors cleaned do the oxygen sensors, Take it to the guy around the corner and have him look at it see if any faults come up.
Then i need a fuel pump sender unit, At the moment i go by the trip computer, My empty limit is 60 liters then i refill jut to be sure, It's surprisingly almost perfectly spot on, Which is good.

I want to do a full exhaust, Pacemakers headers, Twin cats twin system maybe a X-Force?. Ad some Roller Rockers, Make a CAI, Give the Auto a tweak, Find a LSD 3.46 gears, And stop there for a little..
Or this way first, SS lower kit, Fog lights, look at some 18-19'' rims, VE Calais V rims look good, And so do the VY Sigs, I do like the VZ senator rims also.
I want to get a DVD in the dash, Previous owners had one, They left all the wiring, Aerials still in the window, Speakers in the rear lol, They could have left the whole bloody thing:p.

Sometimes i feel i want it to go good before it looks good?, At first i wanted to chase 200kw+, Now i would be happy cruising with 170-180kw..

Ultimate dream is L67 or single Turbo, But that would be big money and i might be onto something else or think of something else by the time i get the money:D.

Even keeping it pretty standard has crossed my mind?. But one million ideas and not enough money:rofl:.

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Its always the case with what to do next I guess... Problem is, when you think your done something new always comes into mind and it's starts again.

I would concentrate on getting it to run right first, otherwise the repair gets bigger and bigger and your pretty looking car just sits there gathering dirt and dust..

I speak from experience lol....

O yeah I agree about the Calais V series rims..... mmmm

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Yeah that fuel pump is a must, Can't keep relying on the trip computer to read fuel used:D.

It's weird the car runs great it takes off without a hesitation and runs smooth, This little to me feels like a bump in the idle very small but i can feel it and slightly less now under 1500rpm, It's weired, The old VP to me idled better.
Might also have a exhaust vibration that comes on after it's warm, That could be the slight bump I'm feeling also? as it feels like it's under the dash near my feet. I can pop into a exhaust place and ask them. First i feared it was the engine:eek:, But I'm very sure it's not.

Yeah was thinking easy VT SS lower kit with Calais-V rims, Ad fog lights chrome door handles monaro headlights maybe then ad VXII Calais Taillights garnish. And that would probably be the best and cheapest way to go. I might as well use the Calais bar i got, Would be a waste getting that to fit Fog lights and not use it:D, At the moment it looks funny without fog lights in there.

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
nice 2000 berlina, nice price too, picked mine up for 6 over a year ago now, had many other problems with it. I seem to have re accuring fuel pump promlems in her atm, and also rough as guts idoling but cant figure out whats wrong with it

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Thank you:)..

Similar thing with mine. I changed the Coil pack and that helped heaps, Then plugs and leads also helped.
The old VP had issues with starting and it would chugs. We changed the injectors with some new ones and it was brilliant. I'm thinking this might be the last thing for me to try with the VT, Might be a similar issue for your car?. Or even fuel filter?.

Coil packs are very cheap, And very easy to replace. New from holden is a joke.

I'm booked shortly for my fuel pump to be replaced, So i can finally see what is in the tank.
And thats about $450 supplied fitted if your curious.

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
hey mate just wondering if you could post a pic up with the vy automatic shifter in her. cheers.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Sorry mate, It is the only one i haven't done yet. To be honest I'm not sure how to do it.
Been looking at wreckers for ideas and it's a little different in the setup.

But as soon as i can get it done i will post it up forsure.

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
cheers mate, very interested in doing this to the monaro

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Next time i looking into a VY I'll snap some pics, And get some of the VT-VX. To me there is something different with the stick that comes down from the VT ones. The VY seems to have it connected on top of the VY auto. And that is where I'm confused with it.
And to be honest i haven't really been thinking much about it of late:p. But as soon as i get a few things done I'll get back to it.