Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
looking fly mate... i was thinking putting mine back to sleeper spec after seeing your build...

Sleeper spec it. If my driveway wasn't as steep as f**k i'd have kept the 16s. But grinding the cats on a daily basis ain't my idea of fun.

Dont know how I havnt come across this thread before now, love the 'old' sleeper look. But the wheels do suit her nicely!

only took me a few years to find the right rims.. can't rush things haha

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
agreed.. stall and 3.46s top off the package.

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
thought i didn't need a stall until I got one. 3000rpm is right on the money for my 223/223 cam setup. what's the lift on your cam? mines a .580/.580 with a 113 degree ICL.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
thought i didn't need a stall until I got one. 3000rpm is right on the money for my 223/223 cam setup. what's the lift on your cam? mines a .580/.580 with a 113 degree ICL.

Here are the specs:VCM9 cam
Cam Specs:
Cam Profile: 217˚ 217˚ .600" .590" 112.5˚
RPM Range: 1500-6400
Developed specifically as an ‘entry level’ NA camshaft for Gen3 and Gen4 engines (often backed with an automatic transmission), the high lift short duration VCM-9 has proven itself time and again as a great compromise between for those not wanting to go to the expense of a high-stall torque converter, or who are looking for a mild option designed to deliver excellent all ‘round response.

Yes yours is right on it - My baby cam and has only a slightly lumpy idle but with our similar other mods the output is about the same for both setups - good choices. (I only have standard throttle body,
manifold, injectors and fuel pump but 25% underdrive pulley) but dyno figures dont mean that much, its more
the actual seat of your pants reliable/driveable performance stuff thats important to me...Keep up the good mod works..Cheers

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
no worries mate. enjoy the super low goodness haha